The Sims 3 Missing Expansions = No support from EA

by RabbitLoss

Original Post

The Sims 3 Missing Expansions = No support from EA

★ Apprentice

Basically I have been in touch with EA all week and also The SELLERS I bought the games from.

3 of my games are apparently violating TOS, despite telling support over and over again I have no access to my registration codes and the sellers are not responding all they say is to find the codes and speak to the sellers.
Man do they employ dummies or what. One of them actually asked me 3 times for my registration code when my problem was headed with the words, LOST registration codes.

Finally I spoke to someone who clarified the situation, basically I have 3 games lost forever that I cannot replace. One of them was sims 3 pets, my favourite expansion. So either the money hungry EA want me to purchase AGAIN every single sims 3 and 4 games I own just to replace 3 lost games. Or their support have no idea about anything.

The helpful support guy said I need to try and find someone to exchange accounts for me and leave out the 3 problem games, but actually finding some one who knows what they are doing and can actually provide that kind of help is impossible. EA never answer their emails, I've sent 3 with no response in days.

They told me I could sell my games on but reading threads everyone is saying it's impossible, so that's greedy and unhelpful EA screwing and scamming their customers as usual.

All of us has spent hundreds on these games, sensible solutions and help are desperately needed.

If this isn't resolved this is the last time I have anything to do with origin and EA. Absolute scam

Message 1 of 4 (888 Views)

Re: The Sims 3 Missing Expansions = No support from EA

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@RabbitLoss  As this is a public forum there is no access to user accounts. Is your computer a pc or mac? Where did you buy the games? When you buy expansion packs from a third party seller you may be paying for authentication codes that are not issued by EA. These codes MAY be bought from a authorized code buying (not seller) and resold by a vendor. These codes can also be spoofed. Customers of big box stores open the case and copy the codes. There is no telling where these codes came from. The only way a third party reseller can sell these games is with the physical disc in a sealed case with a card from EA with the code. If you have issues with these physical purchases you still have to return to place of purchase for exchange and/or refund. One site I went to wanted extra money to guarantee the code will work - ahh I wouldn't walk away I would run. They are probably doing something wrong if you have to pay to guarantee your purchase. When you purchase these games what you are paying for is a license to use the software (game) just like if you were buying an oem license for Microsoft Windows. EA does not have to provide support for a product (code) it did not profit from. I recently bought an XBOX live code for my XBOX 360 from an Ebay seller I dealt with in the past. The code they emailed me would not work. I spent hours emailing their tech support and still could not get the code to work. The next day I had to call Microsoft XBOX tech support. I had turned off automatic renewal as I always buy a card and usually save a few bucks. XBOX support then told me I couldn't manually renew if I had turned off automatic renewal. This made absolutely no sense to me but after XBOX support did something the code was accepted. If you have a pc the codes are still stored in the registry. Google and download a program called gamekeyrevealer and run this program on the computer the game was installed on. This should displayed any codes that are in the registry. You could use the program regedit and search for ergc. You will have to search again numerous times but eventually the codes should appear if they are in the registry.

Message 2 of 4 (874 Views)

★ Apprentice
I purchased the games as a digital download 2 years ago from an authorised eBay seller. They worked fine until a few weeks ago.

And I installed the games on a different computer when I bought the games so I have zero access to the codes, they don't show on my pc.
Message 3 of 4 (867 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@RabbitLoss  What is the name of this authorized Ebay seller?

Message 4 of 4 (860 Views)