The Sims 3 Launcher Won't Install CC Properly [2020]

by 0213962012

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The Sims 3 Launcher Won't Install CC Properly [2020]

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I've done trials and errors for trying to work my way around the system, and I've came close, but I haven't cracked the case. Recently, I downgraded the patched version from 1.69 to 1.63. I've downgraded lower, but even though it did go through the launcher process of installation, it wouldn't install the majority of my content due to Software Updates. My guess is that wherever I downloaded that cc from, it requires and updated patch?

Anyways, now, I have patch 1.63 installed, but whenever I select the item(s) and press install, it'll grey out and "refresh", i guess. There'll be a black screen that'll pop-up, but then it's back to the Downloads section. This will behave the same way, if not, slightly different with the most recent patch.

PLEASE, I'VE ALREADY GONE THROUGH THE BASIC FACTORY RESET AND CACHE CLEARINGS. I KNOW BECAUSE THESE WERE THE SAME SIMILAR PROBLEMS I'VE BEEN HAVING SINCE I'VE GOTTEN THIS DEVICE, WHICH HAS BEEN LESS THAN A YEAR.

I EVEN DID DXDIAG!

I recently used CCleaner to analyze and clear things out through registry, but that didn't really help me. I honestly can't remember now on what it did.

Message 1 of 13 (1,661 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The Sims 3 Launcher Won't Install CC Properly [2020]

@0213962012  Loading the game from a mechanical hard drive (HDD) will definitely be slow, and it can be extremely slow if you've installed a lot of custom content.  But one thing that makes it even slower is having bad cc, or cc for another game (e.g. Sims 2 or Sims 4) installed.

So you may want to see if removing the cc makes a difference, then add it back slowly and test loading times.  If the game suddenly takes much longer to load, you'll know that something in the last batch is causing an issue, and you can sort through the files to figure out which one.  The 50% method comes in handy here, at least assuming you only have one bad file in a given batch.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 12 of 13 (1,707 Views)

All Replies

@0213962012  How exactly did you downpatch to 1.63?  It's possible you broke your Sims 3 install entirely.  Or, depending on the approach you took, it might be fine.  But that's the first issue to rule out.

Message 2 of 13 (1,645 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@0213962012 You can try to convert Sims3Pack CC into .package format using [Removed - CM] and then install it into your Mods\Packages folder.

EA_Blueberry: Removed link to unauthorized software

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 3 of 13 (1,629 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddict I just googled previous patches for Sims 3 and downloaded them. When I opened them, it appeared like an official EA installation would. I manually reinstalled the base game and applied my stuff back, but nothing.

Message 4 of 13 (1,616 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Some of these packs are a pain to install what have you done so far to try and get this certain pack to work>?

Message 5 of 13 (1,605 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@mate54 That method used to work before this lockdown, but not anymore.

Message 6 of 13 (1,601 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@TheSuperWolf100I've tried the cracked version, thinking that it could be an Origin issue with me having to rely on that app, which I've managed to get to play a bit. It's not the updated version, so it didn't have the "Expansion Pack" section plastered on, but I've also been wary for certain things.

I've tried the basic run around for trying to repair and update your computer device, including Origin, but no avail. I tried running without cc, nothing. I tried replacing my Downloads and Mods folder with a cleaner and more refreshed files, but nothing. I've tried practically everything, even regedit. And I know rebooting my device wouldn't help because TS3 was the first thing I tried to install when I first got this laptop, so I've pretty much lost all possible hope of re-playing this.

Message 7 of 13 (1,594 Views)

@0213962012  There is no support here for pirated copies of Sims 3.  If you'd like to troubleshoot a legitimate install, that's fine.

Running a patch to downgrade from 1.69 to 1.63 is almost guaranteed to break your install.  Please uninstall the game, clean your computer's registry of all Sims 3-related entries either manually or with a tool like Piriform's CCleaner (free download), and reinstall the game.  If you're installing through Origin, you'll land on patch 1.69 regardless of what else you do, and you'll need to stay there to avoid breaking your install a second time.

The launcher still works fine on patch 1.69 for both store and custom content.  But it wouldn't be surprising to see it not work at all on a forcibly downpatched game.  If you can't install content on patch 1.69, we can troubleshoot that issue easily enough.

Message 8 of 13 (1,582 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Message 9 of 13 (1,470 Views)

@0213962012  Most of the Sims 3 crashes in your dxdiag reference a component of the 2005 VC++ runtime, so you can start by uninstalling and reinstalling it.  Hit Windows key-i, select Apps, scroll down to the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables, click on the 2005 x86 version, and uninstall.  Don't touch any of the other runtimes.  You can download a fresh copy directly from Microsoft:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=26347

You only need the x86 version, not the others.  Restart your computer before playing.

Other than that, the downpatching can't be ruled out as the cause of this problem.  If you haven't already done so, please uninstall the game, then clean your computer's registry either manually or with a tool like Piriform's CCleaner.  Reinstall through Origin and don't run any patches, unless you have disc copies of your base game and packs and would prefer to go that route.

Once you've reinstalled, move your entire Sims 3 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, open the launcher to spawn a clean folder, and try to install one item.  Let me know how it goes.

Message 10 of 13 (1,454 Views)