The Sims 3 Launcher Won't Install CC Properly [2020]

by 0213962012

Original Post

Re: The Sims 3 Launcher Won't Install CC Properly [2020]

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddictIt recently just started working. I think I updated one of my Microsoft Graphics Card while updating my laptop. It actually let me play and download store and third-party content Standard smile. But, my loading screens are really slow and laggy now (same goes for gameplay). I think when I had less installed it went smoothly, but I really think it's something else within my device that needs an upgrade so that I can play with flow, because I was certainly able to before with so much content.

Message 11 of 13 (413 Views)

@0213962012  Loading the game from a mechanical hard drive (HDD) will definitely be slow, and it can be extremely slow if you've installed a lot of custom content.  But one thing that makes it even slower is having bad cc, or cc for another game (e.g. Sims 2 or Sims 4) installed.

So you may want to see if removing the cc makes a difference, then add it back slowly and test loading times.  If the game suddenly takes much longer to load, you'll know that something in the last batch is causing an issue, and you can sort through the files to figure out which one.  The 50% method comes in handy here, at least assuming you only have one bad file in a given batch.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 12 of 13 (1,729 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddictMy game works now, surprisingly! 😃 All I did was remove some unknowingly sims 2 content and my game is a lot smoother now than before.

Message 13 of 13 (379 Views)