Re: The Sims 3 Launcher Error

by crinrict

Original Post

The Sims 3 Launcher Error

★ Novice

I recognize that there are already threads on this issue, but I have already tried the solutions I found in those threads, and they didn't work.

I have windows 8, and I am running the game through Origin.

A while back, there was an issue with my computer, and I had to take it to someone to reinstall the operating system. When I got my computer back, none of my Sims games were installed on my computer anymore. I didn't think it was that big of a deal. Sure, my saved games were gone, but there was nothing I could do about that, so I decided to just reinstall all the games and move forward. All of my Sims 4 content installed fine, but when I tried to open my newly installed Sims 3, I got a message that says "There was an error during startup. Please check the Log for more details." I have uninstalled and reinstalled this game countless times since then, and I keeep getting the same error message. I have looked all over the internet for a solution to the problem. I have run CCleaner, and I have already addressed the issues with my registry, but I am still getting the same message. I even tried bypassing the launcher by creating a shortcut to TS3W, but I was still take to the launcher where I received the same message. Maybe that wasn't the correct way to bypass the launcher, but those were the instructions I found online. I have no idea what else to try, and I would appreciate any and all suggestions. I have sunk so much money and time into this game and its expansion packs (which I haven't even tried to install yet), and I am really getting frustrated that I can't access my game.

Message 1 of 7 (261 Views)

★ Novice

This is happening to me I have tried everything apart from deleting and reinstalling my games as I don't want to but I think I will have to.

I thought I was the only one having the same problem.

Message 2 of 7 (235 Views)

Hero

Did you just use ccleaner to go through your registry or also comb thorugh it manually, searching for anything sims 3 or sims 3 launcher related ? 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 7 (212 Views)

★ Novice

I ran CCleaner, and then I went through it manually.

Message 4 of 7 (205 Views)

Hero

So there's nothing Sims 3 or Sims Launcher or related to the EPs in your registry at all ?

When you start ccleaner and go to the tab with the wrench, is anything Sims 3 still listed there ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 7 (185 Views)

★ Novice

I got rid of everything in the registry with Sims 3 or TS3 in it. There is nothing Sims 3 in the tab with the wrench.

Message 6 of 7 (173 Views)

Hero

Here's some other suggestions: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-There-was-an-error-during-Startup/td-p/65390

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (164 Views)