The Sims 3 Katy Perry Sweet Treats unavailable on origin?

by hestiah23

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

The Sims 3 Katy Perry Sweet Treats unavailable on origin?

★★ Guide

Even though this would be my least favorite Stuff Pack available, I'm looking to complete my collection. This is the only game that I don't have and it doesn't seem to appear on origin at all.

I don't understand why the reason to remove this. Did you run out of contract with Katy Perry? Please bring it back, thank you.

Message 1 of 16 (21,972 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The Sims 3 Katy Perry Sweet Treats unavailable on origin?

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Thanks for the patience everyone. Unfortunately I have good news and bad news.

Let's start with the bad news: This stuff pack has indeed been retired and is not available any more as digital download version.

But the good news is: You can still get it as disc version from almost all major retailers. I checked on the websites of Amazon, Walmart, and Gamestop and the stuff pack was available on all three.

Sorry, that I cannot give you better news! Confusedmileyfrustrated:

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png

View in thread

Message 6 of 16 (23,599 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

That's a good question, thanks for bringing it up. I'm trying to find out more and will get back to you as soon as I have news.

spectre.png
Message 2 of 16 (21,833 Views)

★★ Guide

Thank you very much! Looking forward to seeing what they have to say about the removal.

Message 3 of 16 (21,829 Views)

★★ Guide

Any news yet?

@eaursula wrote:

That's a good question, thanks for bringing it up. I'm trying to find out more and will get back to you as soon as I have news.

Message 4 of 16 (21,822 Views)

★ Novice

I was wondering the same thing. With the current origin promo, I was going to buy it but its not showing on origin.

Message 5 of 16 (21,767 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Thanks for the patience everyone. Unfortunately I have good news and bad news.

Let's start with the bad news: This stuff pack has indeed been retired and is not available any more as digital download version.

But the good news is: You can still get it as disc version from almost all major retailers. I checked on the websites of Amazon, Walmart, and Gamestop and the stuff pack was available on all three.

Sorry, that I cannot give you better news! Confusedmileyfrustrated:

spectre.png
Message 6 of 16 (23,600 Views)

★★★ Newbie

If it's no longer available, shouldn't it be removed from the Product Gallery of Sims 3 Stuff Packs?  Either removed or overmarked with a big red "Retired" label.  Now the Product Gallery shows the KP Stuff Pack but when you click on it to purchase it, you get a normal purchase screen without any product being shown.  Highly mis-leading and frustrating.  

Just my humble opinion, of course.  Perhaps I will just stick to ordering from Amazon.  :-(

:womanfrustrated:

Message 7 of 16 (21,692 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Message 8 of 16 (21,100 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Amazon and Ebay are the only places that appear to have it now in physical disc format.

Message 9 of 16 (20,966 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I own a hardcopy of this game and I don't understand why I can't play it.. do I get a refund since It will not play? I am original owner and really annoyed

Message 10 of 16 (18,822 Views)