The Sims 3 Island Paradise freezing and lagging issues

by Sweettulip

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The Sims 3 Island Paradise freezing and lagging issues

★★★ Novice

I realize that this is a common issue with The Sims 3 Island Paradise, and I have tried almost everything to fix it. Does anyone know if there is going to be a patch to fix this extremely annoying glitch? I have a brand new computer that is well suited for video games, so it is definitely not adding to the issue. I have tried the cheat code resetsims * and it helps for a very short time. I've tried running the game without custom content (which I do have a lot of) but that didn't seem to help either. I've tried to just ignore it but some of the freezes sometimes feel like they're more than 10 seconds which is a considerable amount of time. I suppose if there no solution for a while, I'll just uninstall the expansion and wait until they've fixed it. 

Message 1 of 41 (239,690 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The Sims 3 Island Paradise freezing and lagging issues

Hero

Islo Paradiso does have a lot of problems. Routing issues and the large world with an entire routable ocean are just an example.

Things you can try:

• Sims in Slow Motion
  • Delete the Scott Family
  • Use the cheat DiscoverAllUnchartedIslands to make all islands visible. I'm aware that this takes away from the fun but it seems to help some. 
  • Make sure you have no stuck sims in your town (use the cheat resetsim * to reset all sims in your town and put them to a safe location)
  • Use Overwatch and ErrorTrap (those are mods and you'll be using at your own risk. Not supported by EA. Just google to find)
  • Check for any aboandonned boats in your game and delete them by using testingcheatsenabled true and then shift-click on the boat and choose object-delete.
  • If you're playing Hobart's Hideout, be aware of this issue: Routing Issues in the Resort Hobart’s Hideout
  • General tips for lags: Lags & Intermittent Freezes

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 6 of 41 (267,191 Views)

All Replies

Hero

EA never tells us when we get a patch and what they will fix. We have to wait and see and hope that they do give us at least one more patch.

Have you tried this: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2013/11/sims-in-slow-motion.html ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 41 (239,426 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same problem and my computer is seven months old and has 6 G memory and I TB hard drive.  Recently I had a tech tell me it's my video card that is too low to handle the game.  I got it to work but when I used compatibility troubleshoot,  it goes to a darker display and when all was said and done,  it won't go back to normal.  Any ideas?

Message 3 of 41 (239,393 Views)

★★★ Novice

What kind of video card do you have? Does your computer have dedicated memory for the video card? It sounds to me like you're having very different issues than I'm having. My computer is brand new and it has 12 GB of RAM, 2 TB of HDD, 2 GB of dedicated memory for the video card, and an excellent graphics card. For me it's the game that is not working properly not my computer, where as for you it's the opposite. You'd have to lower the graphics settings in the sims 3 and possibly adjust your screen resolution to make running the game slightly easier for your computer. A 6 month old computer may not seem very old, but in the computer industry, there are major changes within that time frame. 

Message 4 of 41 (239,377 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I am having the exact same issue. I also know that it's not my computer but the game itself. I have numerous other expansion games and this is the only one causing lag problems. You can imagine how annoyed I am.

Message 5 of 41 (236,851 Views)

Hero

Islo Paradiso does have a lot of problems. Routing issues and the large world with an entire routable ocean are just an example.

Things you can try:

• Sims in Slow Motion
  • Delete the Scott Family
  • Use the cheat DiscoverAllUnchartedIslands to make all islands visible. I'm aware that this takes away from the fun but it seems to help some. 
  • Make sure you have no stuck sims in your town (use the cheat resetsim * to reset all sims in your town and put them to a safe location)
  • Use Overwatch and ErrorTrap (those are mods and you'll be using at your own risk. Not supported by EA. Just google to find)
  • Check for any aboandonned boats in your game and delete them by using testingcheatsenabled true and then shift-click on the boat and choose object-delete.
  • If you're playing Hobart's Hideout, be aware of this issue: Routing Issues in the Resort Hobart’s Hideout
  • General tips for lags: Lags & Intermittent Freezes

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 41 (267,192 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you Crinrict :j

Message 7 of 41 (234,606 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice
SOLUTION: I had this problem, I followed others' advice deleting cache files and whatnot but it still didn't resolve the horrible lag. I then read somewhere that it had to do with other sims getting stuck in doorways and whatnot on their houseboat lots (bad lot designs). So I deleted all of these lots and I haven't had any issue since. My computer is brand new and high performance so I knew the issue wasn't related to that, had to be an in-game problem. Try it, I hope it helps you too!
Message 8 of 41 (233,536 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

The above post eliminated 90% of the lag, and completely solved my freezing issues. Thanks.

Message 9 of 41 (232,257 Views)

★ Novice

Which lots did you delete?

Message 10 of 41 (229,753 Views)