Re: The Sims 3 Island Paradise freezing and lagging issues

by rumbutter

Original Post

Hero (Retired)

@unbrokenangel19

if you want to test this for yourself deleting the houseboats move the other named sims to houses  when you launch your game to play in IP if you already have a game started there then when launched save it with the save as new name so you can try the tips posted to see if it helps

also this does work for a lot of people and not others

Message 21 of 41 (10,659 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Im going through the same thing though when it freezes it freezes for over a minute most of the time, ive even timed it... the most time (off the top of my head); was 1;20 (about) 

Message 22 of 41 (10,653 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Islo Paradiso does have a lot of problems. Routing issues and the large world with an entire routable ocean are just an example.

Things you can try:

• Sims in Slow Motion
  • Delete the Scott Family
  • Use the cheat DiscoverAllUnchartedIslands to make all islands visible. I'm aware that this takes away from the fun but it seems to help some. 
  • Make sure you have no stuck sims in your town (use the cheat resetsim * to reset all sims in your town and put them to a safe location)
  • Use Overwatch and ErrorTrap (those are mods and you'll be using at your own risk. Not supported by EA. Just google to find)
  • Check for any aboandonned boats in your game and delete them by using testingcheatsenabled true and then shift-click on the boat and choose object-delete.
  • If you're playing Hobart's Hideout, be aware of this issue: Routing Issues in the Resort Hobart’s Hideout
  • General tips for lags: Lags & Intermittent Freezes

try crins tips and move the dreegs family and the price (or prince family ) form the houseboats to houses

Message 23 of 41 (10,654 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

it worked! Thank you Standard smile

Message 24 of 41 (10,649 Views)

Hero (Retired)

welcomes Standard smile

Message 25 of 41 (10,644 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Which lots did you delete? Names of them would be appreciated.
Message 26 of 41 (10,519 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

c/p from the post made the dreegs family and the price (or prince family ) from the houseboats to houses delete the houseboats

edit typo

Message 27 of 41 (10,515 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have a LOT of lag and my computer is compatible for games.  It's sad to pay the money for this kind of then and then it lag all the time.. I wish I would not have put all this money into the games .

Spoiler

Message 28 of 41 (9,465 Views)

★ Novice

SAME!!

Message 29 of 41 (8,652 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thank you, DELETING HOUSEBOATS WORKS....I moved the families to a ground houses, delete all houseboats (except mine) and there are NO LAGS OR FREEZING! Perfect Standard smile) I've also tried to use cheat resetsim...

Message 30 of 41 (8,268 Views)