Re: The Sims 3 Island Paradise freezing and lagging issues

by tiger020a

Original Post

★ Novice

I have the same problems and it is DEFINITELY not my computer (16GBvideo ram (cards), 32 GB normal ram, huge SSD and equally amazing CPU) the above post corrected most of my issues once i changed the NRAAS settings in-game to all true (seriously do this or overwatch does not help too much (cleans only daily and not hourly). I also deleted some boating families that were insignificant.

Message 11 of 41 (35,671 Views)

★★★ Newbie

These all sound like great ideas, but my game freezes up so much that I can't accomplish anything.  

Can you detail how to find the Scott Family and how to delete them?  I am not an expert SIMS player and have no idea how to even apply those fixes.  Thanks!

Message 12 of 41 (34,534 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I have the same problem with the expansion Isla Paradiso. But right now, I'm playing for more than an hour without any lag problem. I found this out of luck and that's to log out of Sims 3 online forum before starting the game, if you know what I mean. Well, that's all! I also tried several ways to fix this problem, but none of them worked. Why don't you give it a try, maybe it could also help you? Wish you good luck! Confusedmileyhappy:

@Sweettulip wrote:

I realize that this is a common issue with The Sims 3 Island Paradise, and I have tried almost everything to fix it. Does anyone know if there is going to be a patch to fix this extremely annoying glitch? I have a brand new computer that is well suited for video games, so it is definitely not adding to the issue. I have tried the cheat code resetsims * and it helps for a very short time. I've tried running the game without custom content (which I do have a lot of) but that didn't seem to help either. I've tried to just ignore it but some of the freezes sometimes feel like they're more than 10 seconds which is a considerable amount of time. I suppose if there no solution for a while, I'll just uninstall the expansion and wait until they've fixed it. 

Message 13 of 41 (34,032 Views)

★★★ Newbie

me too. my husband built a new gaming computer to try to fix this problem and it is not my computer it is the game.

Message 14 of 41 (33,587 Views)

Hero (Retired)

island paradise is FULL of lag and freezing  see crins tips here and also move the dreggs and the prince/pric efamily from the housboats to houses

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Variety-of-glitches-occurring-since-installing-Island-Paradise/m...

i gave up on that world nice as it is but the lag SHEESH but i have built a resort in sunset valley and a dive lot too and it runs smooth

Message 15 of 41 (33,581 Views)

★★ Novice
Go to edit town and tap on Scott family house and a Windows pop up and then you can delete the family.... That is how i do it :/
Message 16 of 41 (33,027 Views)

★★★★ Novice

DELETE THE HOUSEBOATS!!! Thank you so much, this fixed it for me. Now I have just a tiny bit of lag, which is always fixed by resetsim *

Note, before I delete the houseboats I relocate all the families to empty land houses (making them if I have to) Just so I don't mess with story progression, which I always leave on.

I also disable memories, and graphics options seem to be irrelevant, because I can have them all turned up full. If there is a houseboat I might want to use one day, I turn it into a community lot 'no visitors allowed'.

This is the best fix - I tried them all.

Clearing cache wasn't helpful at all, and there seems to be no need to spoil the fun of finding the islands. The Scott family is only a problem if they are on a houseboat. No sim had to be deleted, just relocated.

Cheers!

Message 17 of 41 (32,637 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i am the same I have had sims3 my pc is about 5 years old and not once did I have any problems with my games till I had a virus and my pc had to be swiped now I lag and it comes up this blue screen and resets my pc now its really annoying and I could be halfway through my game and it freezes and allsorts

@Stephie_Mai wrote:
SOLUTION: I had this problem, I followed others' advice deleting cache files and whatnot but it still didn't resolve the horrible lag. I then read somewhere that it had to do with other sims getting stuck in doorways and whatnot on their houseboat lots (bad lot designs). So I deleted all of these lots and I haven't had any issue since. My computer is brand new and high performance so I knew the issue wasn't related to that, had to be an in-game problem. Try it, I hope it helps you too!

Message 18 of 41 (31,314 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You should try downloading the NRAA overwatch mod. Do that and unlock all uncharted islands and it should work a bit better. Also lowering the graphics 

Message 19 of 41 (30,854 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

so you just deleted all the boat houses & it was fine?
I really love this expansion & just got it. I don't want to waste my money but not playing it.

Message 20 of 41 (29,889 Views)