Re: The Sims 3 Into the Future - Sim in Oasis LandingStuck in Giving Birth Loop

by daly004

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The Sims 3 Into the Future - Sim in Oasis LandingStuck in Giving Birth Loop

★ Novice

My sim became pregnant in Oasis Landing, tried to travel back to the present but a pop up came up saying that she wasn't in a fit state to travel so I waited in the future until it was time for her to give birth.

Her first attempt to give birth ended in going to the future hospital and being stuck in a loop of 'giving birth'. An empty sim box would appear on the sidebar each time as well as the 'Congratulations!' pop up, choosing a trait etc. I tried resetting the sim but to no avail. I had to end the game via task manager.

Second attempt I thought i'd leave her to give birth at home but the same thing has happened.

Has anyone else experienced this or does anyone have any advice to try?

Thanks! Confusedmileyhappy:

Message 1 of 24 (8,667 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Newbie

I FIGURED IT OUT!!!!!

I'd been having this problem for HOURS now.  I tried everything, and was really worried I'd have to delete this (long-running) household of mine, but the Harrenses have been saved!  

Here's what you need to do (In my case there's more than one member in the household and I had deleted the pregnancy moodlet - which you do with 'testingcheatsenabled true' and then ctrl+click the 'Baby Incoming!' moodlet[this is considered a mistake by many]):

On the Cheats Window: type "moveobjects on" (without the quotation marks), and hit enter.

Change to Buy mode (Make sure the Sim is at 'Home' or the Community Center in "Into the Future")

Click on the Sim to have it selecte3d.

Hit Delete.

Yes, your Sim is now gone!  Don't despair, though.

Now, with the remaining Sims, travel back to the Past (or, possibly, the Future if you're in the present with these problems).

After the loading window, your family should be back in whole. (In my case the Sim appeared at the Home lot, then disappeared and was spat out by the Time Portal after everyone else was already standing.)

Yes, this may seem drastic, and no, it hasn't been tested multiple times.  However, if you're at the point where you think deleting the family may be your only chance, try this!  It may well work for you, too!

Happy Simming!

View in thread

Message 13 of 24 (7,289 Views)

All Replies

Hero

See this: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/09/bug-infinite-baby-loop.html

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 24 (8,607 Views)

★ Novice

I attempted this but from the look of things you can't change your active household while in Oasis Landing which is irritating. Can't really think of any thing else to try. Hmm. Thanks for the reply though!

Message 3 of 24 (8,597 Views)

Hero

But you said you've tried at home too. You can do it there.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 24 (8,595 Views)

★ Novice

I meant in their home in Oasis Landing. Both home and hospital in Oasis Landing produced the same outcome. The sim can't travel back to her home in the present because you can't time travel while pregnant which is the veeery frustrating part.

Message 5 of 24 (8,593 Views)

Hero

Ah, sorry then. Misunderstanding, I guess Standard smile

----------------

Only other suggestion is using a mod. You would be doing this at your own risk but with masterController (just google, can't really talk about it on here) as an option to terminate the pregnancy. You won't have the child but at least you can travel back home.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 24 (8,589 Views)

★★★ Newbie

this is where im at right now, let me know if youve resolved this.

i tried: deleting cache

resetsim

maybe an update will do the trick?

Message 7 of 24 (8,457 Views)

★★ Novice

Have you found a solution yet?

I have the exact same issue and it started after the last  game update. Before that I had two kids in Oasis Landing without a problem.

I don't know what to do! 

Message 8 of 24 (7,924 Views)

★★★ Novice

:manwink:I fixed ur problim i had the same too! but there is a draw back.......... if you do testingCheatsEnabled true

then you hold down CTRL on the key bored on the " giveing birth mode lit " the game will not read as she is pregnint! but.................. she will look pregers and walk huch back but tell me if it worked

Your welcome

Message 9 of 24 (7,754 Views)

Hero

Where do you ctl-click on ? What do you do then ? Go back to the home work as she is not pregnant anymore ?

Can someone that has the issue try this and maybe rephrase that solution a bit ? I have trouble understanding it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 24 (7,740 Views)