Re: The Sims 3 Failed To Share..

by ReneHollyDesign1

Original Post

The Sims 3 Failed To Share..

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I need help, every time I try to share ANYTHING on Sims 3 like lots or Sims it comes up with failed to share to matter what I do it wont share I have tried everything and I just want to share my lots!! please help

Message 1 of 6 (1,805 Views)

★ Novice

I have the same issues with "Failed to Share" never had this problem before and I am searching for help too as a I have tried just about everything!.....so you are not alone.

Message 2 of 6 (1,777 Views)

Champion

This problem is still accruing can anyone shine a light on it???? I posted here yesterday about the same problem , and I can't find the post now.. The only way I can get it to stop giving me the error is to Turn off the Store Content, Or the button says custom content, but I don't use custom content so it has to be a store item that is messing it up..After saving your lot to library, go back out of your game and go to installed Content an check run without custom content . Click OK on the next box but DO NOT SAVE YOUR GAME while this is checked. Go back in game and go straight to edit town, click on the library and click the lot you want to share or sim, and click share.. It will upload to launcher then, but you will most likely lose all the store content or custom content that you built the lot with as it want up load with it.... I have did this and then put the lot back in my game from the launcher and all the items that I built it with are still there for me but I'm not sure if it will be in the download for other people... I would love to know if anyone has any ideas on how to fix it??????We spend a lot of money on store content not to be able to upload it with the lot, to the launcher from the game.....

BreeMiles, I don't work for EA. I'm a volunteer through ccp

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 6 (1,656 Views)

Champion

This is how you can fix and the only way I have found to fix (Failed to Share Issue)... Copy your whole The Sims 3 folder to your desk top and give it another name after you get it on the desk top like The Sims 3 old will do fine.. Now that makes you an old copy in case you mess anything up... Now go to the EA folder The Sims 3 and open it and go to DCCache and Delete everything in that folderthis is your store content and custom content folderNow Go to DCCachebackup and delete everything in that folder except the (ccmerged.packageDo Not Delete that file... Now your game will upload your lotsSimsextTo the launcher.. To add your store content and or custom content back to game just copy it from your old folder and paste it in the new one under downloads folderCheck the downloads on your launcher they may be already there and ready to install.If so just go download and check all that you want to installI would suggest that you do a small amount at a time and check then to make sure you can still upload your lots from the game to the launcherand then proceed on... All I can tell you on the cause is that it is just a glitched that we are going to have to work around..

BreeMiles, I don't work for EA. I'm a volunteer through ccp

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 6 (1,643 Views)

★★ Novice

This helped me. I googled how to fix it and then decided to try your advice + organizing my backups (Separate folders for households, and lots) to make things a bit easier in case somethings wrong. Thanks.

Message 5 of 6 (856 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I have uploaded lots and sims but now it says it has uploaded but doesn't. A bit frustrating. Glad to know I'm not alone. Thanks guys Thumbs up

Message 6 of 6 (702 Views)