The Sims 3 Disk Authorization?

by maserej17

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The Sims 3 Disk Authorization?

★ Novice

Ok so this is really annoying me... I download some sims off the exchange, and when i try to play my game, i tells me  "Disk authorization failure. please contact customer service." i try, but the customer service is so horrible, and nobody picks up, so i turn to this website. Help!! PS i'm on a mac.

Message 1 of 6 (539 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The Sims 3 Disk Authorization?

[ Edited ]
Hero

Found this: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/554528.page

You might wanna try that since when you download Sims, you can get CC with them. So there might be a problem with that.

If you only delet the files with *.dbc in the end and not *.ebc, you keep any Store Stuff you might have.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (541 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Did you do anything else but download a few Sims ? Have you checked your disc for scratches ?

Here's a few solutions for PC. Don't know if they apply to macs

http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/09/error-disc-authentication-error.html

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (538 Views)

★ Novice

I only downloaded sims. My disk has no scratches. I tried the "young woman in the mirror" trick when you press ESC, but tht worked until now.

Message 3 of 6 (535 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Found this: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/554528.page

You might wanna try that since when you download Sims, you can get CC with them. So there might be a problem with that.

If you only delet the files with *.dbc in the end and not *.ebc, you keep any Store Stuff you might have.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (542 Views)

★ Novice

thanks! It worked!!Confusedmileyvery-happy:

Message 5 of 6 (520 Views)

Hero

Thanks for the feedback. Glad it did.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (516 Views)