Re: [The Sims 3] COMPATIBILITY WITH WINDOWS 8

by mineralice4

Original Post

Hero (Retired)

dragon valley is a world so the game will play from whatever game it is  normally played from which us the supernatural game as that is the newest released installed game that your wife has the same will be true for any store world that is bought and installed , ( monte vista, roaring heights, midnight hollow et al )

BitDeFender if you have that on your system is know to cause an isue with sims3 so most people disable that while playing there are some other antivurus programmes too that can interfere with the game too and also makeing sure nothing isblocking the connection firewall/antivirus

Message 21 of 31 (5,558 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had this same problem for months and i read that if you're running 8.1 32 bit the max RAM your PC will use is 3.5GB. I upgraded to the 64 bit version and now I'm using all 16GB of RAM and just like that no problems. 

To check:   
1) Open the START MENU 
2) Right-click on THIS PC or COMPUTER 
3) Select PROPERTIES 

Before mine said "16GB RAM (3.49GB usuable)", Now it just says "16GB" 

Depending on your graphics settings the game runs optimal at about 3.3GB with spikes up to 4.6GB. Whenever it would spike the game would crash. Now that I'm using all of my RAM the spikes are not a problem. 

Message 22 of 31 (3,850 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have windows 8 and the sims 3 works perfectly on the computer
Message 23 of 31 (3,129 Views)

★★★ Novice

It Works If You Have Downloaded It From Origin And You Got A PC Download Copy  Of The Sims 3 , After It Downloads , And You Want To Play The Game I Suggest That Go To Games , Click On The Sims 3 Cover On Origin , Then After 3 Minutes It Will Work And Open The Launcher. So Dont Worry , It Will Run If You Have Downloaded It On Origin . I Also Have 64-bits

Happy Simming

Message 24 of 31 (2,839 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks for your help mine is working just like the other towns work and I can stay their longer.

Message 25 of 31 (1,800 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It works PERFECTLY on my lenovo laptop win 8 64 bit just install and play but its SO HOT when in high graphics

Message 26 of 31 (1,648 Views)

★★★ Newbie

but how though? im driving myself crazy trying to get it to work on my Lenovo win 8

@ZTheGamerJoJoZ wrote:

It works PERFECTLY on my lenovo laptop win 8 64 bit just install and play but its SO HOT when in high graphics

Message 27 of 31 (1,554 Views)

Hero

You mean how to start in compatibility mode ?

Right click on the icon on your desktop and choose properties. Then go to the compatibility tab

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 28 of 31 (1,536 Views)

★ Novice

how do you turn on compatibility mode for packs???

Message 29 of 31 (1,477 Views)

★★★ Newbie

ive tried to download multiple times, the icon wont show or anything, origins icon tried to run, then dissaoeard. nothing happens when i click origins icon now. ive restarted computer and everything, please help

Message 30 of 31 (1,155 Views)