Re: [The Sims 3] COMPATIBILITY WITH WINDOWS 8

by kodragirl

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[The Sims 3] COMPATIBILITY WITH WINDOWS 8

★★ Novice

So I am considering downloading the Sims 3 onto my laptop, since I have played the game before and absolutely love it, but in checking that it was compatible with Windows 8 I heard many people complaining that it will not run, or will not work well, especially on 64-bits (which I have). I was wondering if anyone knows if this is a problem that has been solved or is still ongoing, and if so, what solutions exist to correct it. Thanks!

Message 1 of 31 (156,994 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero (Retired)

it does work for most people and not others on win 8 although ( BtDefender has a conflict with the sims 3) if Bitdefender is on your win 8... people temporarily disable it  has a conflict with the sims 3 see if this thread on the form will help you make your mind up http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/607825.page

View in thread

Message 2 of 31 (158,347 Views)

★★ Novice

I just downloaded it onto a win 8 and the game played okay, but couldn't log into my account through the launcher or access anything but the base game.  Running it in compatability mode for win 7 or xp, and as an administrator solved all the issues I was having with it. 

View in thread

Message 3 of 31 (158,336 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

it does work for most people and not others on win 8 although ( BtDefender has a conflict with the sims 3) if Bitdefender is on your win 8... people temporarily disable it  has a conflict with the sims 3 see if this thread on the form will help you make your mind up http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/607825.page

Message 2 of 31 (158,348 Views)

★★ Novice

I just downloaded it onto a win 8 and the game played okay, but couldn't log into my account through the launcher or access anything but the base game.  Running it in compatability mode for win 7 or xp, and as an administrator solved all the issues I was having with it. 

Message 3 of 31 (158,337 Views)

★★ Novice

Alright thank you for that information! :catvery-happy:

Message 4 of 31 (156,235 Views)

Hero

Could you accept a solution if this is sovled for you ? It will help the next person and show the helpers that it's sovled.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 31 (156,230 Views)

★★★ Novice

The Sims3 wasn't made compatible with Windows 8. Where can I find a program to run Windows 8 in Windows 7 mode?

Message 6 of 31 (156,141 Views)

Hero (Retired)

right click the game shortcut icon on your desktop-properties-compatibility-tick the run this programs  as an administrator   -tick the run in compatibility mode for select in the drop down menu select the windows 7 (or xp) click ok you will also need to check each expansion pack and stuff pack icon you have  that you do the same for each one that they have the same compability mode as your base game icon shortcut once you have selected the compatability mode for each one it's a good idea to restart the computer

Message 7 of 31 (156,126 Views)

★★★ Newbie

how do you run compatibility mode windows 7 or xp?

Message 8 of 31 (154,720 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

right click the icon on your desktop-properties- compatability tab-tick the box run this programe in compatabilty mode for-select in the drop down menu which one you want for example windows xp service pack 3 click apply or ok you will need to check your other expansion pack and or stuff pack icons that they all have the same compatibilty selection the same as you chosse for the base game icon

Message 9 of 31 (154,718 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Im right clicking on game shortcut then selecting run as administrator and nothing comes up :S

Message 10 of 31 (153,943 Views)