The Sims 3 CAW EIG only opens launcher

by LemonTheJuice

Original Post

EA App: Sims 3 Create a World Edit in-game doesn't work

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

For some reason when I use edit mode to edit the world I'm editing in The Sims 3 Create a World Tool, the program doesn't launch the game correctly under EA Desktop. The game instead opens The Sims 3 launcher and when I use the launcher to start the game in this manner, The Sims 3 doesn't recognize that The Sims 3 is supposed to enter the edit mode for the Create a World Tool, instead launching the game normally. In addition, the game doesn't detect the closing of the game and doesn't reload properly to allow editing the roads and lots. Under Origin, the game skipped the Launcher to load the game in a special mode to edit the world, and would correctly detect when it is closed to switch back into the main mode of the tool. How do I fix this to work properly for EA Desktop? Will there be a fix for this in an EA Desktop update?

edited title for clarity after merging threads.  -puzzlezaddict

Message 1 of 89 (6,420 Views)

Re: Create a World Tool doesn't launch the game correctly under EA Desktop

@Matthew22254563  The EA App is still in beta and doesn't have all the functionality of Origin.  It's getting updated and expanded as time goes by, but to be honest, I wouldn't expect it to ever fully support older games.  It looks like EA isn't really focused on fixing issues with Sims 3 these days.  So just keep using Origin for as long as it's available.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 89 (6,379 Views)

The Sims 3 CAW EIG only opens launcher

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hi everyone!

I just downloaded the new EA Beta app (the new Origin) and now my Sims 3 CAW EIG won’t work. When I click EIG it just opens the launcher for The Sims 3. Origin just launched right away into my custom world and worked flawlessly.

I hope it’s a beta version error. If that’s not the case, is there a fix for this in 2022?

Message 3 of 89 (6,046 Views)

Re: The Sims 3 CAW EIG only opens launcher

@LemonTheJuice  The EA App may or may not ever fully support older games like Sims 3.  For now at least, just stick with Origin.  You can have both installed on your computer at the same time; you just can't run both at the same time.  If you get an error when trying to open Origin, open the Task Manager and kill the "EABackgroundService," or simply restart your computer.

Message 4 of 89 (6,035 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Thanks for the quick reply. Yeah okay. Will Origin still be available from now on? Then I guess it's not a problem, as long as it functions. Large smile Thanks for the tip!

Message 5 of 89 (5,992 Views)

@LemonTheJuice  Origin will be available for a while yet, and maybe for a long time considering the EA App's minimum requirement is Windows 10.  The old version of Origin, the one that ran on XP and Vista (this version requires Windows 7 SP1), was sunset in January 2020.  That's not evidence of anything, just a reason not to think that Origin is going away soon.

Message 6 of 89 (5,979 Views)

★ Novice

Thumbs up 

Message 7 of 89 (5,973 Views)

★ Apprentice

Has this issue been fixed? EA Desktop is supposed to replace EA Origin by the end of 2022 and possibly make the latter discontinued to the point that it can't be used in the future. I hope it is fixed so I can still use the Create a World tool.

Message 8 of 89 (6,109 Views)

@Matthew22254563  I don't know whether this has been fixed, but I also haven't seen any other posts about it.  If you'd like to test, please let me know how it goes.  You can have both Origin and the EA App installed on your computer at the same time, although the App will uninstall Origin as it installs itself.

Message 9 of 89 (6,091 Views)

The Sims 3 Create a World > "Edit in Game" option is not working with EA App

★★★★ Novice

Hi, I have switched from Origin to the EA App and when I try to edit my worlds in game ("edit in game" option in CAW) it just opens the TS3 launcher but the game doesn't start.

Message 10 of 89 (5,991 Views)