Re: The Sims 3 Base Game Refusing to Install

by EA_Spectre

Original Post

The Sims 3 Base Game Refusing to Install

★★ Novice

oookkk well. here's. the deal.

I bought Sims 3 with the humble bundle and it went swimmingly, really (the first time, anyway, but we'll get to that). I redeemed the codes on the Sims 3 website, as well as those on Origin, and it downloaded and installed fine. I played it a lot and it ran fine, no hiccups. Then I was to put new hardware in my computer (motherboard, cpu, ram etc), so the whole thing was wiped. Mind, I live in Australia so I have limited bandwidth, so instead of redownloading the game I put the Sims files on my external to copy them over.

That didn't work so I decided to redownload it, eventually, after trying a few things. It came up with a few errors when I tried to download it, but nothing that uninstalling Origin and reinstalling it didn't fix. It downloaded eventually, but the full problem arose with installing it. The button was there, and I'd click it; for a moment a window would come up, but I couldn't click it or really see it before it would dissapear. After that, I tried installing it directly from the Sims 3 files. There, it opened the window, and I was able to pick my country and agree to the terms and conditions. But, after that, the window would just dissapear again, and retrying it resulted in the same issue.

I then waited a damn hour for support, and tried what they asked me (which was disabling my firewall for the process, trying it again through Origin and the Sims 3 files, and then troubleshooting and changing the compatibility program with which I opened it with) and, of the 'solutions', none of them worked.

I thought it might have been a corrupt file or something, so I redownloaded it again, but it still doesn't work. I'm not going to download it again because screw wasting downloads on something that isn't going to work, and I'm not going to wait again for crappy customer service that isn't going to help me. Highly considering never buying anything from Origin or EA again, tbh (since I bought a ton of other dlcs for Sims 3, as well, after getting it with the humble bundle).

Message 1 of 2 (115 Views)

Re: The Sims 3 Base Game Refusing to Install

Community Manager

Can you give us more information about your computer specs and your OS please?

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 2 of 2 (87 Views)