Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: The Sims 3 BUG

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The Sims 3 BUG

★★★★ Novice

I've just experienced a bug causing my save being corrupted(after saving and reloading the game it makes my money: 0; and it causes that i cannot choose any of sims i have).

1. Before saving situation(screen named "1"): I cannot choose one of my sims, he's constantly sleeping(cannot cancel/do anything about this because I cannot switch to him).
  2. Screen named "2" shows whole family etc.
  3. After saving situation: I got no money, I cannot choose any of 4 sims i have, I cannot expand "needs panel", I cannot do literally nothing besides playing the sim who was choosen before saving the game.
  4. Screen named "3": shows situation described above.

Screen 1

Screen 2

Screen 3

Playing on Intel HD Graphics.

TS3 games installed: The Sims 3, The Sims 3 Dream Ambitions, The Sims 3 World Adventures and The Sims 3 University Life; every of them got the newest version(installed several days ago using Origin).

I don't use any mods.
The only 3 things I got are bought and downloaded from The Sims 3 store: Moonlight Falls(SimPoints), Sunlit Tides(SimPoints), Riverview(Free).

Thanks in advance for any help.

Message 1 of 4 (187 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

@krolposejdon  Okay, delete the cache files again, load your game, and let it run for a few sim-minutes.  Then go to Edit Town, evict your sims, and place them back into their house.  This will erase their promised wishes and opportunities, although they'll keep their jobs and relationships.  Once they're back in their house, "save as" and rename the save, quit (without saving, as a separate step), delete the cache files, and reload.

If that doesn't help, repeat the process, except first switch to playing a different household.  You'll still be able to evict the main household and put them back, but this sometimes helps where a plain eviction does not.  Ptay with the second household for a couple of sim-hours, and stay with them until you've quit, cleared your cache files, reloaded, and run the game for a few more minutes.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (112 Views)

All Replies

@krolposejdon  Your current save is corrupted enough that the best thing to do now is revert to a previous save.  Even if you haven't made one, the game keeps the files from the second to last time you saved.  Go into Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves, and you'll see a folder for each save you've made, plus backups.  So if your current save is called SunsetValley, you'll have a folder labeled SunsetValley.sims3, and another labeled SunsetValley.sims3.backup.   Delete the .backup extension and rename the folder (i.e. SunsetValley1.sims3), and your backup will now be available to load from the Main Menu.

Before trying to play again, be sure to delete the five cache files in your Sims 3 game folder, in the same place you found your Saves folder.  These files should be deleted regularly anyway, and while you're troubleshooting, delete them every time you quit.  For reference, they are:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package

Load the backup save and play for a few minutes, making sure the issue isn't still present.  If everything looks fine, use "save as" to rename the save (i.e. SunsetValley2) so that the backup you just used is preserved, in case you need it again.

If the backup save is also glitched, let me know, and I'll write out how to do a more thorough reset of your household.

Message 2 of 4 (156 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Backups are corrupted too, tried that way before and it doesn't work because of corruptionFrown

Message 3 of 4 (151 Views)
Highlighted

@krolposejdon  Okay, delete the cache files again, load your game, and let it run for a few sim-minutes.  Then go to Edit Town, evict your sims, and place them back into their house.  This will erase their promised wishes and opportunities, although they'll keep their jobs and relationships.  Once they're back in their house, "save as" and rename the save, quit (without saving, as a separate step), delete the cache files, and reload.

If that doesn't help, repeat the process, except first switch to playing a different household.  You'll still be able to evict the main household and put them back, but this sometimes helps where a plain eviction does not.  Ptay with the second household for a couple of sim-hours, and stay with them until you've quit, cleared your cache files, reloaded, and run the game for a few more minutes.

Message 4 of 4 (113 Views)
sims-four-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help