Re: The Sims 3: 70's, 80's and 90's Stuff DLC & Sims Store items uninstalled themselves.

by EA_Spectre

Original Post

The Sims 3: 70's, 80's and 90's Stuff DLC & Sims Store items uninstalled themselves.

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hello,

I purchased the DLC "70's, 80's and 90's Stuff" for The Sims 3 on Steam, but never received a CD Key for it. It seemed to be running just fine until two days ago, when I discovered that the DLC is missing from the Sims 3 Launcher. It's grayed out, as if I don't own it, despite having used items from the DLC in my current game (which now no longer show up in-game). I tried to request my Sims 3 CD keys again today via Steam, but the status just remains stuck on "Requesting keys..." and never displays any of my Sims 3 CD keys. I also attempted to verify the game cache, and it came up with 5 errors and then ran the download to correct them. I do not run the game with any unofficial mods of any sort; everything I have installed is official Sims 3 content only. I have not tried completely uninstalling the game and re-installing, as I'm afraid that will just lose my other DLCs.

Each time I try and launch The Sims 3 from the Steam launcher, it acts as if I've never played the game before, first popping up the CD Key box (even though I have re-checked that to no longer do so, it still happens) and sometimes makes me re-agree to the EULA.

I have already contacted Steam about this issue and they directed me here.

I have already read this forum post:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Lost-and-broken-DVDs-and-missing-serial-codes-What-to-do/td-...

And followed the steps, but The Sims 3 70's, 80's and 90's Stuff does not show up in the folder with my other expansions so I am unable to find a CD key that way.

EDIT: I just discovered that some of the items I purchased from the Sims Store are no longer installed, either. For example, I purchased the Aurora Skies world from the store a while back and installed it. I picked it as my world to play in for my current game, and sent my Sims to University. I've been sending them back and forth between Aurora Skies and University frequently without issues. However, on the same day that my DLC stopped working, the game crashes whenever my Sims try to go home from University. I attempted to re-download Aurora Skies and installed it. But it's still missing and my Sims can't go home. No matter how many times I attempt to reinstall it, it doesn't stick.

Message 1 of 2 (439 Views)

Re: The Sims 3: 70's, 80's and 90's Stuff DLC & Sims Store items uninstalled themselves.

Community Manager

If you bought the game from Steam, you should get all information about the game (including the game key) from Steam. Please try contacting them again.

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 2 of 2 (327 Views)