The Sims 3 1.69 Patch CC

by shamuel9977

Original Post

Re: The Sims 3 1.69 Patch CC

★★ Novice
Hello Roberta

Its 1.69 As ive been told when you download from Origin it already updates it to 1.69.

I reinstalled it once last week and had to reinstall all the expansion packs one by one.
Message 11 of 13 (535 Views)

★★ Novice
If you want to have CC or mods that work for 1.67 then you have to install the Sims 3 base game original disc. I think as long as it's from before 2012, I'm really not sure. Then you have to keep the internet turned off when you install ITF, so it doesn't auto update you to 1.69. You apply the 1.67 superpatch and go back to whatever previous methods you used to ensure nothing auto-updates on you.
All of this is not possible using a digital download for the base game. If for some reason this doesn't work, some mods and CC at 1.67 work fine with 1.69. Bc 1.69 only changed how the game starts or something, no gameplay files.
Message 12 of 13 (510 Views)

@yoashmo  Just to clarify: Any custom content and almost any mod will work equally well on patches 1.67 and 1.69.  The only exceptions are core mods, and they will merely throw an error because the game's patch level doesn't match their internal build numbers.  Otherwise, any content listed as made for either patch will be compatible with the other.

Also, if someone wants to be on patch 1.67, there are three options.  One is to play in mac OS (not recommended for other reasons); another is to buy and install through Steam.  The third option is to install entirely through discs, including a base game disc manufactured before September 2012.  The discs made after that require Origin to manage the installation process, and Origin will automatically patch the game to 1.69.  If installing with an earlier disc, it's also necessary to decline the request to have the EA Download Manager control the process.  The EADM was Origin's predecessor and will try very hard to update itself to Origin, and the player will be on patch 1.69 again.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 13 of 13 (505 Views)