The Sims 3 1.63 patch won't finish installing

by blueswallow97

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The Sims 3 1.63 patch won't finish installing

★★ Novice

I've just got the origin download of into the future today. I've downloaded it fully but it won't let me install it until The Sims 3 is updated from the launcher. I've tried downloading the patch three times now and it downloads to 100% but then stops me when it starts to update from 1.55 to 1.63.5. A window pops up saying 'Feature transfer error - File: C:\Program Files (x86)\ElectronicArts\TheSims3\GameData\Shared\Packages\Deltf1f3.rra Error: There is not enough space on the disk'.  But I don't have a disk in my computer so I'm not sure what it means :/ Then it says 'Retry?' so I clicked on it and it asked me to'insert the disk'. I inserted my sims basegame but it just said 'error 1' and closed. I updated origin before I tried to update the patch. The game works normally without the update but i need 1.63 to install into the future and since I've just spent £30 on the expansion I would rather like it to actually work. Thank you, any help or advise would be appreciated Standard smile

Message 1 of 5 (3,179 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The Sims 3 1.63 patch won't finish installing

Hero

Try freeing up some space.

Delete temp files and move documents/photos/music/videos you don't use that often to a external drive.

CCleaner can help you with cleaning out stuff that's not needed.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (3,155 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

I think that error is referring to the free space on your system drive. How much free space is on your system drive?

Message 2 of 5 (3,170 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Under computer, hard disk drives, windows(C) It says 17.8GB free of 149GB

Message 3 of 5 (3,164 Views)

Hero

Try freeing up some space.

Delete temp files and move documents/photos/music/videos you don't use that often to a external drive.

CCleaner can help you with cleaning out stuff that's not needed.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (3,156 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you, clearing space worked Standard smile

Message 5 of 5 (3,118 Views)