Re: The Secret Lab (StrangerVille)

by Gailardhia

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The Secret Lab (StrangerVille)

★ Apprentice

Hello!

I have a question about the Secret Lab from Strangerville GP.

If anyone already asked about this, feel free to move the post.

First, i turned off the Mods and removed them all from the "Mods" folder.

Okay, here we go. We all know that the Secret Lab isn't available to edit even with the cheat activated. But i came to stumble with its name. Normally its name is simply "The [Black Blank] Lab" like this.The Secret Lab Black Name.jpg

And, indeed, stay as it is when i visited the lab.

TS4_x64 2019-04-20 17-31-29-33.jpg

Of course, i was curious how the name's like that. So, i opened the World Map and take a look at the Lab's name.

TS4_x64 2019-04-21 10-16-49-75.jpg

Then, i clicked on the name, but DID NOT TYPE ANYTHING. When i returned to play, it took me some time (maybe an hour or two) to realise that it's no longer black. and font code disappeared (most likely due to characters limit for the lot's name).

TS4_x64 2019-04-21 23-59-17-96.jpg

And the name was no longer black when i visited it again. Instead, it was blue and white.

TS4_x64 2019-04-22 00-03-20-41.jpg

Now, my question is:

Is there anyway to revert the Secret Lab's blanked name to its original color (black)?Raised eyebrow Thinking

I only need to revert its name to its original condition since the Dev Team done a very impressive job on the Secret Lab that i don't think i want to change anything inside it (and personally i really enjoyed it, thumbs up.) Large smile

Thank you.Large smile

Message 1 of 6 (7,410 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Gailardhia It is very good news that the name and everything is correct in  your new save. Unfortunately code can be glitchy here and there already, and when you modify it by adding mods or cc you can bring in some unknown factors. Updates to the game may not be mirrored in the mod code. Mod code can have errors and glitches. And of course the game code can have errors and glitches that arise without even adding the mod dynamics. If this bothers you and you want to keep the mods, etc, perhaps it is best to just move your sims into your library and play them in the new game save. I'm sorry, it is not a perfect solution, but it seems workable. What do you think?

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (7,329 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Gailardhia Is everything working as usual other than the lab name? I know that you said that you removed the mods from the folder, but please try all of these things in the list, so that the mods folder gets re-generated, including it's config file:

Please try the following:

• Please keep your copy of your old Mods in a Mods folder (from your 'The Sims 4' folder) on your desktop (for future reference) then delete the mods folder and the localthumbnailcache.package file in your 'The Sims 4' folder and restart the game and so that the game will re-create the folder.
  • Then run a game repair [ Open Origin, click 'Game Library' then right-click Sims 4 > Repair Game ]. After that, please see if the issue has stopped. 
    (If you later re-add and test any of the mods that you removed, do not re-add the old config file from the old mods folder, as it is possible for it to have become corrupted also.)

Please let us know how it goes. Thanks!

Message 2 of 6 (7,393 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yes, the name's stay still, unfortunately.

Though I think mods don't have anything to do with the lot's name (and any other lots), but won't hurt to following the usual procedures.

Anything else I need to check?Large smile

I still not giving up but if reverting the name isn't possible, it's fine. Maybe I need to be more careful next time.

Message 3 of 6 (7,383 Views)

Champion

@Gailardhia Did you do the repairs then in the way I recommended and it made no difference?

Message 4 of 6 (7,379 Views)

★ Apprentice

@SheriGR wrote:

@Gailardhia Did you do the repairs then in the way I recommended and it made no difference?

Sorry for taking too long to reply.

Yes, I did. I also did some research. I found out the problem only existed in my save game because when I started a new game, the name returned to normal. I was hoping to copy and paste the old Secret Lab's name to my old (save) one but to no avail, it was no use because the name simply go blue and white once again.

This perhaps isn't important, name and such, but I prefer to keep everything in mint condition (mods or CC are exceptions). But, if there's a way to revert the name, it will be very much appreciated.

1. Thank you. Large smile
Message 5 of 6 (7,336 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Gailardhia It is very good news that the name and everything is correct in  your new save. Unfortunately code can be glitchy here and there already, and when you modify it by adding mods or cc you can bring in some unknown factors. Updates to the game may not be mirrored in the mod code. Mod code can have errors and glitches. And of course the game code can have errors and glitches that arise without even adding the mod dynamics. If this bothers you and you want to keep the mods, etc, perhaps it is best to just move your sims into your library and play them in the new game save. I'm sorry, it is not a perfect solution, but it seems workable. What do you think?

Message 6 of 6 (7,330 Views)