Re: The Launcher keeps disabling the Packs

by AlHollandiyah

Original Post

The Launcher keeps disabling the Packs

★ Apprentice

Hello

My problem is, the Sim 3 Launcher disables all Stuff and Expansion packs when starting Sim 3 from time to time. Like every 3rd or 4th time I'm starting the game it just unchecks all packs and starts only the base game version.

Recently I newly installed Origin and all Sims 3 packs, though still having this problem.

I'm using Windows 10 Pro, NVIDIA GeForce, start Sims 3 Launcher via Origin (which I always run as Administrator) and enable all packs usually. 

Thanks.

Message 1 of 9 (2,299 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@MissYevon Does your Origin load when you start your computer? I have a couple of applications (one a weather app) that infrequently doesn't connect to the internet right away on boot and my Xbox 360 sometimes (rarely) refuses to connect to the internet. A reboot usually solves the problem. I have Comcast and of course they don't see a problem although my Linksys router has been in use for years (can't remember) and they usually last about 5 years before acting up so the router may require replacing. Are you connected to the router via wifi? That could cause problems also. Are all the packs showing up in Origin? You say it works most of the time therefore I might think it's a connectivity issue.

Message 2 of 9 (2,286 Views)

★★ Guide

Rather then opening a second topic I'd like to bump this one. My launcher also has a "mind of its own" and even more often then what TS is saying I find my game loading without any packs. (And yes, it takes forever for the launcher to start, so that is doubly annoying....) I don't start origin with windows, so my computer is properly booted and connected to the internet when I start origin. Does anybody know why this happens and if there is a fix for it?

Also, those lists of packs and CC are a bloat! You can only see a couple of items at the same time (with packs that is only 4) with a huge image to show what it is. I'd rather see a list without the big icon, and be able to see like 10 or more things at once. Also, where the CC tabs have a "select all" the packs tab does not. Having to select, scroll, select, scroll, select, scroll, select, scroll all the way through 20 packs every other time it loads is a pain, and rather unnecessary imho!

Message 3 of 9 (2,051 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@AlHollandiyah  Bumping is not encouraged in these forums.  Is your computer a pc or mac? If your computer is a pc please post your computer's dxdiag - link - how to post your computer's dxdiag  and attach the txt file to the paper clip in the lower right. Thank you

Message 4 of 9 (2,046 Views)

★★ Guide

Oh I'm sorry, I have had many times where one of my posts was merged with other topics about the same issues, so I thought I'd save all of you the work and use the existing one instead of making a new one. But if you rather I start new ones I'll do so. I am on PC, and will go after a diag later, thanks!

Message 5 of 9 (2,037 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@AlHollandiyah Unless you tag someone adding to an old post may get overlooked as when I open a post that starts out to be over a year old you really need to read through the whole post to understand the issue and as this is a user to user forum you may get overlooked. If your issue gets involved it would probably be better to create your own post so your problems don't get combined with issues that don't directly involve your problems. When reading posts that are 4 and 5 and more pages long you sometimes forget what the original issue is. As this game has a complex structure one solution for a problem may not be the solution for someone else with seemly the same problem. Please review the rules - link - forum rules and guidelines. You are encouraged to post and help others as this is users helping users forum. While posting to an old post is not against the rules, solutions that worked a year ago may not work today.   hth

Message 6 of 9 (2,025 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

This happens to me occasionally and it ruins my sims that have life goals or content that come from expansions.(loads proxies)  It is extremely annoying.

Message 7 of 9 (1,896 Views)

★★★ Novice
That is the same thing for me!!! It never wants to load my game fully! (Well, maybe sometimes.)
Message 8 of 9 (1,789 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I think I may have found a direct cause of packs being disabled. For me it seems to happen 100% if I close the launcher to the notification area and then reopen it from there. Can other people confirm if this is the case for them too?

Message 9 of 9 (1,688 Views)