Re: The Exchange downloads

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

The Exchange downloads

★★★ Newbie

How do I download content from the exchange when I don't have a code to enter to register the game? I do not have a disc drive so the game was downloaded therefore I do not have a code.

Message 1 of 4 (534 Views)

@jscheurich98  Can you sign into the Sims 3 Store, or at least create a new account, using your Origin credentials?  That's how it's supposed to work for people with digital purchases.  Once you have a store account tied to your Origin ID, your content should show up.

If this doesn't work for you, let me know.  There were a couple of reports about this a while back, but the players never confirmed whether they resolved it.  But maybe one of the EA community managers will know how this is supposed to work.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (521 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict I have this issue! I put in my new account as my games were downloaded on Mac, put in the serial number codes and it tells me my games and expansion packs are registered with my account but whenever I go to download something from the exchange it says I don't have any games registered or need to buy them?
Message 3 of 4 (476 Views)

@paigeorielley  I take it you're using the same email and password on the store site that you use for Origin?  When you're logged in, does your "My Page" list your packs along the left side of the screen?

Try clearing your browser cache, or use a different browser.  Normally Firefox works better on my Mac than Safari or Chrome, although lately that has often not been the case.  Sometimes it's just a matter of trying different ones until I get it to work.

If that doesn't help, try dragging your entire Sims 3 game folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  Open the launcher to spawn a clean game folder, then try downloading again.  If it works, you can transfer the content from Downloads inside your new game folder to Downloads inside your old folder, trash the new folder, put the old one back in Documents\EA, and install from there.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (465 Views)