The Batuu map isn’t showing?

by its-Cheyy

Original Post

The Batuu map isn’t showing?

★ Novice

So I just bought the Journey to Batuu and I can’t find it anywhere? 
I know I’m meant to be able to take my sim on vacation but when I do that, it only gives the option to do it for a day and that’s all?

My Sims have Star Wars outfits but otherwise that’s it...

The version I’m on is: 1.67.45.1520

Message 1 of 9 (1,709 Views)

Re: The Batuu map isn’t showing?

Champion (Retired)

@its-Cheyy 

It is only available when taking a vacation just like the other vacation worlds. You can take as many vacation days as you have earned in your current job. If you are unemployed or freelancer you can take as many as you like. (Notice that the freelancer career are currently broken).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 9 (1,671 Views)

★ Novice

@jpkarlsen 

When I was trying it last night, I selected the option to take a vacation for a day and then my Sim literally spent the day at home. It didn’t come up with any options to go anywhere or do anything else.

I have another household of Sims who are unemployed and the option to take a vacation doesn’t show up on the phone there either.

It’s literally like the download doesn’t even exist? I’ve made sure I have the most up-to-date version of Origin and I have the Sims 4: Legacy Edition but otherwise it genuinely doesn’t show and I have no clue why? Frown

Message 3 of 9 (1,667 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@its-Cheyy 

You chose to take a day of not to go on vacation. You say you don't have the option to go on vacation on the phone. Do you have the option on the Computer.? Rightclick the game in Origin and select Repair.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 9 (1,657 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@jpkarlsen 

I selected a day vacation because that is literally the only option I’m given. I can’t take a vacation by having my Sim use the computer either - I researched this and believe I had to look under household? But again it still isn’t showing.

I did the repair option like you said earlier today and I’m still not having any luck unfortunately Frown

Message 5 of 9 (1,635 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@its-Cheyy 

This may be a problem with Origins cache. https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

Message 6 of 9 (1,622 Views)

★ Novice

@jpkarlsen 

I've tried this and there's been no change either. The vacation isn't an option at all so I think I need to contact EA and ask for a refund at this point Frown
Thanks for your help though!

Message 7 of 9 (1,595 Views)

@its-Cheyy  Just to clarify, the reason you don't see Batuu as an option is because you're running the Legacy Edition of Sims 4.  All new packs released after October 2019 are incompatible with the Legacy Edition and won't load even if they're installed.

So yes, you should ask for a refund, but you'll need to specifically say that your computer runs the LE and therefore can't run the Star Wars pack.  Since packs are normally not eligible for refunds, it's important to be specific on why you can't use the pack.

Or, if you're not sure whether your computer can in fact run the standard version of Sims 4, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 8 of 9 (1,582 Views)

★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict
Yes I specified this when I contacted EA and the refund has all been sorted. Thanks for providing further info though.
No idea that it wouldn’t work after Oct last year, gutted!
Message 9 of 9 (1,578 Views)