Re: Thank you for this site and ... How can I be sure I have completely removed all of my mods?

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Thank you for this site and ... How can I be sure I have completely removed all of my mods?

★★★★ Apprentice

Hello, I am Debbidoo and I like to play Sims games. Sims 3 is the first video game I ever played. I didn't;t understand (still don't) the culture on The Sims 3 Forum and am very happy to be afforded a different venue for my seemingly stupid questions.I really think if my initial questions are answered, then my secondary and worse ones never come up. :womanhappy:

I would really like to help people and I  know a lot about playing without mods and with in-game cheats. I think I could help other players who do not want to mod or use custom content  In CAS, I do know where textures such as knit are and can give recoloring advice.

Okay, I sincerely want to play legally EA-style.

I do not use Custom Content anymore and I thought I had deleted all of my NRaas mods (at one time I had them all), but I read that it is nearly impossible to delete NRaas mods. I have nothing against them, but a friend advised me that the right thing for me to do is play without custom content or mods.

So, my testingcheatsenabled functions quite similarly to how my Master Controller from NRaas did. So much so, that I am not certain I removed it or the Relativity mod entirely.

What is the most effective way to check this?

Any help would be tremendously appreciated. Confusedmileyhappy:

How will this site impact The Sims 3 Forum? :womansurprised:  Thank you EA, for providing an alternative means of communication.

Crinricht, if you read this...that one phone question I once asked you was about my Sims 3 games on my phone. I was never able to get those to work very well and was going to ask about them. I have since decided to forget about them.

The site looks great and spell check will save users and readers. YAY, Spell Check, a tool for bad typists as well as bad spellers! Confusedmileyhappy:

Message 1 of 6 (550 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Thank you for this site and ... How can I be sure I have completely removed all of my mods?

Hero

Delete the mods folder as well as the cache files and the mods are gone. There's nothing else you need to do.

This might not apply for a certain non-twallan core mod but in case of twallan's mods, that will rid you of them completely.

I'm not entirly certain what phone problem you're talking about (I read so much every day) but if it's solved for you, then all is good Standard smile

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 3 of 6 (575 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Hi Debbidoo,

I've asked the same thing a time ago a my friend, because she use Core mods too. She answered me, that is sufficent reinstall base game only.

For not - Core mods You can follow Crinrict's manual: Resetting the game to factory settings without reinstalling.
Have a nice evening! Confusedmileyhappy:

Message 2 of 6 (548 Views)

Hero

Delete the mods folder as well as the cache files and the mods are gone. There's nothing else you need to do.

This might not apply for a certain non-twallan core mod but in case of twallan's mods, that will rid you of them completely.

I'm not entirly certain what phone problem you're talking about (I read so much every day) but if it's solved for you, then all is good Standard smile

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 6 (576 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Thanks Crin, your idea seems to be the least invasive and I am very appreciative. Confusedmileyhappy:

I must go search for a rainbow gem. Confusedmileyhappy:

Message 4 of 6 (541 Views)

Hero

Hard to find. I have most luck finding some in foreign towns in tombs.

Also my cat found one. If the hunting skill is high enough you can sent the cat hunting for gems.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 6 (538 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Oh, I have a cat with pretty high hunting skill. Wow, I would never have thought of that! Thank you! Confusedmileyhappy: Once again I look for the elusive, Imaginary Friend changing, rainbow gem.

Message 6 of 6 (494 Views)