Thank you for breaking switching between EN and non-EN versions

by eustacecs

Original Post

Thank you for breaking switching between EN and non-EN versions

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Preconditions:

Latest non-beta Origin.

EN_US-only Sims 4 license + non-EN_US Deluxe Sims 4 license (seen as two different entries in games list).

At some recent point in time, switching languages by simply running needed entry does not work anymore.

Running 'Repair' in needed entry does not help either.

'Uninstall'ing one entry removes both.

Thank you for making my already-miserable life even more... interesting.

I'm sick of this unexpected baloney.

Became sick enough at times of hilarious Get Famous release. But today's case was the last straw.

Since completely new EA app is expected to be released sooner or later, I doubt that anyone will look into fixing this already-rare problem.

So I'm putting all my modifications away from general public since I can't test it conveniently in both versions.

Since I can't ensure my creations' quality.

Yes, I DO care about my creations' quality. Unlike...

Message 1 of 2 (354 Views)

Re: Thank you for breaking switching between EN and non-EN versions

Champion (Retired)

@eustacecs 

It appears that you bought the standard version of the game and later the DeLuxe addon. When you uninstall the basegame all addons are uninstalled as well. To change language (if supported) rightclick the game in Origin and select Game Properties. On the Advanced tab you use the dropdown to change language (if supported).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 2 (311 Views)