Text is missing (empty bubbles) in StrangerVille

by zsimova

Original Post

Text is missing (empty bubbles) in StrangerVille

★★ Novice

Hi, I've recently downloaded and installed StrangerVille expansion and there are empty bubbles.

Other languages are fine. Problem is only in the Czech language.

I tried repair, delete Origin cache, reinstall the game, even download and install Origin with Sims on my new laptop but nothing helped.

It's also very strange, that gameplayers or letsplayers on the youtube from my country don't have that problem, their texts and bubbles are ok.

Could anyone please help me?

Message 1 of 10 (2,031 Views)

Re: Text is missing (empty bubbles) in StrangerVille

Hero

Hi @zsimova 

could you check the following folder: programs(x86)\Origin\SIMS 4\The Sims 4\GP07 (path may vary depending on your installation).

You should have a file called Strings_CZE_CZ.package (could be named a bit differently, not 100% sure on the language abbreviations). If you have it, try moving the file to the desktop, then either change the language to Czech again or hit repair game to force the Origin to re-download the file. It might have gotten corrupted somewhere along the line.

If you don't have the file, let me know and we'll try to figure out something from there.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (2,021 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi @crinrict 

No I don't have that file... So that could be problem with missing text?

Message 3 of 10 (2,019 Views)

Hero
Yes, that would explain why you have no text in Czech.

It should download when you switch the language to Czech.

In which country did you buy the pack/game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (2,000 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Edited by CM

When I switched language from Czech to English and again from English to Czech, the file still wasn't there. I'm from Czechia but I bought expansion on Origin. 

By the way I googled a bit and I think I figured it out. It's fixed now but anyway thanks for your help.

<EDIT (crin): Please don't put links to game files here. Link removed>

Message 5 of 10 (1,995 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have same problem thanks for sharing solution but EA customer unfriendly company delete it without writing how to fix it great help from them...

Message 6 of 10 (1,907 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

Hey @Normanss did you try what @crinrict said above? 

Hi @ zsimova

could you check the following folder: programs(x86)\Origin\SIMS 4\The Sims 4\GP07 (path may vary depending on your installation).

You should have a file called Strings_CZE_CZ.package (could be named a bit differently, not 100% sure on the language abbreviations). If you have it, try moving the file to the desktop, then either change the language to Czech again or hit repair game to force the Origin to re-download the file. It might have gotten corrupted somewhere along the line.

If you don't have the file, let me know and we'll try to figure out something from there.

/Atic

Message 7 of 10 (1,898 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi Atic of course i try it but it didnt work Strings_CZE_CZ.package missing in /GP07 folder and switching languages or repairing game do not help.

PS: Im in Capital city of Czech Republic  and i bought StrangerVille DLC from Origin store. And now i testing it on second PC with same missing text bug so something is wrong on your side with Czech launguage.

Finaly i found a sotution if EA wont delete it like solution from @zsimova, my friend send me his Strings_CZE_CZ.package from his folder GP07 ant it work so is someone have this issue you must help yoursel because EA wont help you so download game from anywhere outside Origin and copy Strings_CZE_CZ.package to your paid  game GP07 folder...

Message 8 of 10 (1,876 Views)

★ Novice

Hey there, 

I have the exact same problem but with German and it's in Strangerville AND Island Living... I'm so bummed I can't get this fixed.

Would you mind explaining how you solved the problem?

Thank you! 

Message 9 of 10 (1,281 Views)

Hero
@Phantasims Did you try all the suggestions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/OPEN-Codes-instead-of-text-Blank-text-and-bubbles/td-p... ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (1,258 Views)