Testingcheats problem

by SenadorX

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Testingcheats problem

★★★★ Apprentice

Hello!

I have a problem with the testingcheats in sims 3, and one of them, specifically the one of the professions does not work well. I have my sim who is a politician, specifically governor. I want to use this cheat to make him leader of the free world but it doesn't work. I have also tried to make him vice president and it doesn't work either. Attached video (I know I have the game in spanish, sorry).

Let's see if someone can help me and thanks in advance.
-SenadorX

Message 1 of 3 (319 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Testingcheats problem

@SenadorX  Are you using any mods, and if so, which ones?  Also, if you try to change the sim's job title to something else, does it work?  You don't need to save your progress.

And just in case it's the issue, please try running the game for a few sim-minutes after you make the change.  Sometimes the game engine needs a little while to perform the task you're assigning, particularly if you're using a cheat.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (304 Views)

All Replies

@SenadorX  Are you using any mods, and if so, which ones?  Also, if you try to change the sim's job title to something else, does it work?  You don't need to save your progress.

And just in case it's the issue, please try running the game for a few sim-minutes after you make the change.  Sometimes the game engine needs a little while to perform the task you're assigning, particularly if you're using a cheat.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (305 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Hi! It finally worked. I just made him businessman and then politician again, but in the desired position. It seems that the mod does only work to get a new job in the desired position, not to upgrade your actual job. Thank you!

~SenadorX

Message 3 of 3 (213 Views)