by Turtlebot3000

Original Post

Testing Cheats Not Working. No Cheats Work

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Most current update
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions except Eco Lifestyle, all game packs except Spa day and Dine out, And I have Tiny Living stuff, Mosschino, Vintage glamour, back yard party and movie hangout.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open the cheat code bar and type "testingcheats true" or Open the cheat code bar and type a code that does not always need testing cheats, like move objects.
What happens when the bug occurs? When "testingcheats true" is typed into the cheat bar it respond with "unable to execute command"
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to use cheats like I was before.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have repaired m game, I cannot even use motherlode. Somebody please help me! Testingcheats true should always allow me to use cheats but instead every cheats after this says "command failed".

Edit By Crinrict: Removed all-caps from title

Message 1 of 4 (567 Views)

Re: TESTING CHEATS NOT WORKING. NO CHEATS WORK

@Turtlebot3000  Please test in a clean user data folder.  Move your entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, and when you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to this folder yet; just start a new save and try out the various cheats.  If they work, you can copy your existing saves and other content from the old folder to the new one and test again.  Here's a list of everything in your user data folder:

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/user-files-explained/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (546 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict  I did what you said. I can now enable cheats but the move objects and free real estate cheat sill are not working. I then uninstalled and reinstalled the game and did he same thing with a clean folder. Still same issue. I pretty much cannot play my game at all because #MOO is how I build everything haha. 

Message 3 of 4 (526 Views)

@Turtlebot3000  When in the game are you trying to use MOO and freerealestate?  I played with it yesterday, and it worked fine, so it's not the game itself that's preventing you from using the cheat.  But it may not work if you try to enable the cheats in the "wrong" context.

Normally I'd ask if there was a mod affecting this, but I take it you didn't add back any mods when testing?

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (505 Views)