Terrain graphics glitch sims 3

by zaraP12

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Terrain graphics glitch sims 3

★★★★ Novice

So, i’ve been having this issue since i deleted origin and downloaded ea app. Since than, im playing sims 3 on ea app. The issue is that when i create a household, after 3 hours playing the terrain will go from shadows all black. I leave the game because its unplayable and when i create a new household in a new world it the same after 3 hours of playing. I tried repairing, uninstalising, deleting all docs, custom content, even deleting ea app. But this issue is here only since im playing on ea app. I even have much harder games like (witcher 3, red dead redemption, rainbow sig siege… and there is not any graphics problem.) im playing on notebook, where are all games fine just the sims 3 is having this graphics problem. How do i fix this? I already updated everything on my pc and nothing seems to work, even set my graphics setting to the lowest and highest, the glitch is always there. Please help and thank you. 

Message 1 of 5 (421 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Terrain graphics glitch sims 3

@zaraP12  Your dxdiag doesn't show any Sims 3-related errors, but there are a few related to Adobe software.  I have no idea if these happened while you played, and there's no way to tell from the dxdiag.  Still, try shutting down everything with Adobe in the name before you launch the game.  You can check the Task Manager, including the background tasks list, for anything with Adobe's name or icon.

Please update the driver for your Nvidia graphics card as well.  The current driver is from 2017.  You can get the newest one directly from Nvidia:

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/198797/en-us/

If this happens again, please look for new errors in the Reliability Monitor.  Hit Windows key-R, enter "perfmon /rel" without quotes in the run box, and you'll see a chart of errors and updates with a column for each day.  Today is on the right.

Look for any error with a timestamp that matches when the game graphics started to glitch.  If you don't see one, check back in an hour or so—the RM doesn't always update right away.

Finally, please clarify whether the terrain stays black if you quit, restart your computer, and reload the same save.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (353 Views)

All Replies

@zaraP12  Within your graphics settings, what number do you use for high-detail lots?  What world(s) are you playing in?

Please also run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Message 2 of 5 (390 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hello, thanks. So im playing on 1 high detailed lots. Thought it wont be so disturbing on the graphics. so i have everything set on the lowest. The words im playing only are Sunset Valley and Appaloosa Plains.  Dxdiag is attached Standard smile

Message 3 of 5 (363 Views)

@zaraP12  Your dxdiag doesn't show any Sims 3-related errors, but there are a few related to Adobe software.  I have no idea if these happened while you played, and there's no way to tell from the dxdiag.  Still, try shutting down everything with Adobe in the name before you launch the game.  You can check the Task Manager, including the background tasks list, for anything with Adobe's name or icon.

Please update the driver for your Nvidia graphics card as well.  The current driver is from 2017.  You can get the newest one directly from Nvidia:

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/198797/en-us/

If this happens again, please look for new errors in the Reliability Monitor.  Hit Windows key-R, enter "perfmon /rel" without quotes in the run box, and you'll see a chart of errors and updates with a column for each day.  Today is on the right.

Look for any error with a timestamp that matches when the game graphics started to glitch.  If you don't see one, check back in an hour or so—the RM doesn't always update right away.

Finally, please clarify whether the terrain stays black if you quit, restart your computer, and reload the same save.

Message 4 of 5 (354 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you so much! You gave me such a big help, i would never be able to read that from it. Surelly gonna try it all out tomorrow asap. Big thanks! 

Message 5 of 5 (345 Views)