by AZM23

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Temperature Problems After August 8 2019 Patch

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.54.120.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them including the free stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Being inside buildings during winter without cold weather clothing on or using a sauna.
What happens when the bug occurs? When in the sauna for less than 10 sim minutes they get the 'Sweating Profusely' buff. When inside buildings without cold weather clothing they get the 'Chilled' buff. I haven't let it get further then that because I don't want them to die.
What do you expect to see? Sims not freezing to death indoors during the winter or extremely cold days, and sims being able to use the sauna for more than 2 minutes.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Issue began after the August 8, 2019 patch. Did not have the issue when playing before, with or without mods or custom content.

N/a

Message 1 of 11 (1,107 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Temperature Problems After August 8 2019 Patch

Hero
@MatchaMama Moving this to tech for further troubleshooting.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 10 of 11 (791 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@AZM23 Do you get the sudden chill buff (from swimming) or the seasons one ?

Also do you have any thermostats in your house ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (1,071 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It was the seasons chill buff, and it was only happening on public lots. My sims was fine in their own house or other sims houses. Also after I posted this my sims tried to warm up by the fire place and got the overheating buff

Message 3 of 11 (1,058 Views)

Hero
@AZM23 I think public lots don't have thermostats which explains the moodlet.

Could you try adding one to see if that helps ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 11 (1,051 Views)

★★★★ Novice

They've never needed thermostats before the update though, that's the issue. I would have to add them to dozens of lots.

They were having this problem before and it was fixed but now it has come up again.

Message 5 of 11 (1,045 Views)

Hero
@AZM23 Can you refer me to the fix/old report ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 11 (1,042 Views)

Hero
@AZM23 I'm getting a bit mixed info but I found some old reports where it was fixed that you couldn't set the temperature on them on community lots. Do you have any other links for me ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 11 (978 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having the exact same issue. I have a sim that's living in San Myshuno and when INDOORS she is freezing to death throughout the entire winter. Thermostat is on warm, fireplaces are throughout the flat and still 'freezing to death notifications' and panicked clicking to get into warmer clothes are a part of my gameplay. 

Message 8 of 11 (878 Views)

Hero
@MatchaMama From your picture this look like it Is for the apartment and not a community lot ? This thread is about community lots.

Are you using mods/cc in your game ? Does it happen in all apartments or just this particular one ? Can you duplicate the issue on a fresh save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 11 (849 Views)

Hero
@MatchaMama Moving this to tech for further troubleshooting.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 11 (792 Views)