Temp files Appearing

by Girlit17

Original Post

Temp files Appearing

★★ Novice

I moved my sims 4 files from my laptop to my desktop temporarily. Before that, I didn't have any trouble with playing the sims 4, and I played it briefly on the desktop once but after that, I wasn't able to. Since then temporary files have been appearing instead - on both my desktop and now my laptop - and I've no clue what to do. I've tried repairing it and still nothing. I do have cc, but I don't that's the problem as I have something that deletes corrupted files which I've been using since my last technical issue. Has anyone had a similar problem, if so how did you resolved it?

Message 1 of 12 (468 Views)

Re: Temp files Appearing

Hero
@Girlit17 What temp files are you talking about ? The cache files ? It's normal that they get created when you play. The purpose of cache files is to store information locally so it can be loaded faster next time you play.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 12 (459 Views)

★★ Novice

No, I mean actual temporary files. It creates a whole new file recorded Temporary Save File 2 and so on. I've never had the issue before moving my original files to another desktop. It's not the cache files, but I suppose the way I worded it could have been taken as though it was. 

Message 3 of 12 (455 Views)

Hero
@Girlit17 Could you post a picture (make sure to remove any personal info)

Currently click on the picture in the tool bar and add it like that as uploading isn't working

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 12 (452 Views)

★★ Novice

Sims 4 temp file.PNGThis is the issue.

Message 5 of 12 (446 Views)

Hero
@Girlit17 What happens when you try to play the game ? Which folder does it read ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 12 (441 Views)

★★ Novice

It doesn't load anything. I don't understand why as usually it would use one file over the other and this has been the ongoing issue I've been having since moving everything over.

Message 7 of 12 (439 Views)

Hero
@Girlit17 By not loading anything do you mean it gets stuck on the loading screen or the game just never opens ? Do you have any mods or just cc ?
`
What's that thing that deletes corrupt files ?
Have you tried a game repair through Origin yet

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 12 (437 Views)

★★ Novice

The game doesn't load whatsoever, I have mods/cc but I do a clean sweep of anything that usually corrupts the game every few days. I have done multiple repairs through Origin but it has shown no sign of solving the problem.

Message 9 of 12 (434 Views)

Hero
@Girlit17 If you move both the Sims 4 and that temp folder to the desktop (out of the electronic arts folder) and start the game, is a new temp folder generated ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 12 (410 Views)