Re: Teens school day length

by HCKicker5

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Teens school day length

★★★ Novice

Lately I have noticed that if I have a teen and they go to school at the normal time, they don't come home at the normal time anymore. It says under the job panel that the school day is from 8 am to 3pm. My problem is my teens aren't coming home from school until anywhere from 7 PM to 11 pm. Is this a known issue or a new issue that has just come up. By the way this has been going on for about a week and a half now.

Message 1 of 5 (515 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

Sounds like simulation lag then. There's a long thread on it here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORK-IN-PROGRESS-Autonomy-and-Simulation-Lag/m-p/6918287#M8169... with some tips on the first page.

Your graphics chip doesn't really fulfill the requirements of the game so that could also play a role. Try lowering your graphics settings to low.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (458 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi @HCKicker5 

there have been other reports like that, yes .. it seems to some kind of lag with the clock.

Do you have other times where your clock is off ? Like when you travel and the clock reverts or issues with ultra speed and the clock resetting ?

I've looked at a few saves that had issues but was never able to duplicate it.

Could you also post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (498 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes. There have been times where my sim was at school for example and the clock would be in ultra speed and it would get to for example 1pm and i would see the minutes count by and it would get to 59 and then go back to being 1pm again. I don't know if this is another example of the issue or a new issue entirely, but i am starting to notice that when i send my sim to volunteer I will watch the circle of the task that it is doing and the green bar will be completely full as it usually is when a sim finishes a task and the sim will still be volunteering and time will go by even  though the green line around the circle task symbol is completely full. I have attached the DXDiag to this reply as you asked. I hope all of this helps.

Message 3 of 5 (479 Views)

Hero

Sounds like simulation lag then. There's a long thread on it here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORK-IN-PROGRESS-Autonomy-and-Simulation-Lag/m-p/6918287#M8169... with some tips on the first page.

Your graphics chip doesn't really fulfill the requirements of the game so that could also play a role. Try lowering your graphics settings to low.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (459 Views)

★★★ Novice

I will give that a try. Thanks for all of the help! It is much appreciated.

Message 5 of 5 (436 Views)