by crinrict

Original Post

Teens forgetting recipes after aging

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions + Dine out and Spa day
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? This is City Living specific. Not sure how, but it occurs for me if I have a teen eating out in the food stalls and then aging up.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sim doesn't remember the learned special recipes.
What do you expect to see? I get notifications that my sim has learned a certain dish and when they age they don't know how to make it. I'm expecting them to be able to cook Samosa, Burritos or whatever they learned as teens.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I'm on Mac OS 10.9.5. and besides the latest patch fully patched. 

I installed MC Command Center a few months ago, but after two to three gaming sessions decided it wasn't for me and deleted the mod. Fellow players convinced me that there would be no issues for trying it out and after deleting everything should be back to normal. 

I'm not sure if this issue has occurred for a long time, since I've just now started to get into San Myshuno and just bumped into this issue. I have had only two sims within the same save file (different families) with the issue.

The issue being that as teens they can go and have food from the vendors in the city. Then I get notification that you have learned recipe for food X and all is fine until they age to Young Adults, when they forget all the recipes and can't cook them at home no more. The other had still the same calculation going on (eg. "you have learned 9 recipes ...") without knowing any recipes and the other went back to 1.

Message 1 of 8 (409 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [CL] Teens forgetting recipes after aging

EA Staff

Hi @adduapina

Would you be willing to send your save files?  If so, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

That would help a lot trying to reproduce your issue!.

Thank you very much!

Message 2 of 8 (358 Views)

★★★ Guide

@SimGuruIcarus I'm sorry for the late reply. I went through the link you submitted, and all seems easy and good, but I have a lot of save files: do you want them all? It seems not possible to differentiate the one saved game I found the issue with.

-addu

Message 3 of 8 (328 Views)

Hero

Hover over the little folder icon of the save game you have the issue on. It will give you the path and name of your save.

CheckSave.jpg

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (317 Views)

Hero
Nudge

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 8 (311 Views)

Hero
@adduapina

Have you been able to send the saves with the instructions I gave above ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (283 Views)

Hero
Tagging @adduapina again

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 8 (269 Views)

Hero
I'm not able to duplicate this and as there was no feedback, I'm moving this to general issues/tech.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (240 Views)