Re: Teenager stuck in 'at school' state

by miaageorgia

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Teenager stuck in 'at school' state

★★★★ Novice

Okay so one morning both of my teenagers went to school, everything was fine. Only one of them came back from school when school was over and other one was still there. I wasn't sure what to do but the teen who was 'at school' had work at 6pm so I left her until then. She did go to work and came home when work was over but she was greyed out as if she was still at school. This means I can't go into her inventory to get her to go homework or anything. The next day, she didn't go to school with the other teen. I have no idea what to do at this point. I've tried to get her to leave school early and nothing comes up, I've tried to move her out and in, I've done a reset and backed-up my game and everything, I've tried repairing the game through Origin and nothing seems to be working. Help!

Message 1 of 10 (446 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

Hi @miaageorgia

thanks for your save. I tried a few things and was able to get her unstuck. Not really sure what helped but these have been the minimal steps I used so far (all the cc was stripped from your Sim, not sure if that has anything to do with it)

1. Start the game with a different family and play until after 3 pm the next day

2. Go back to your problem family. She was still stuck in school after doing for me

3. Shift-click on the sim and choose modify in CAS

4. Change a few thing and go back

After that, she was no longer at school for me.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 7 of 10 (429 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi @miaageorgia

have you tried travel to a different lot as well ? 

If that doesn't' help either, would you be willing to share your save with me ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox,, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (430 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I tried travelling to a different lot and it didn't change anything. I'm trying to zip my saves folder but a message keeps popping up saying "Sorry, your email program either reported an error or could not be started. The file attachment may be too large". What should I do?

Message 3 of 10 (424 Views)

Hero

Just zip it without trying to send via email.

Once you have a zip archive, upload to onedrive or google drive or drop box. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (416 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Okay I think I've done it, I uploaded it to Google Drive, should I pm you the link?

Message 5 of 10 (399 Views)

Hero
Yes, please

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 10 (392 Views)

Hero

Hi @miaageorgia

thanks for your save. I tried a few things and was able to get her unstuck. Not really sure what helped but these have been the minimal steps I used so far (all the cc was stripped from your Sim, not sure if that has anything to do with it)

1. Start the game with a different family and play until after 3 pm the next day

2. Go back to your problem family. She was still stuck in school after doing for me

3. Shift-click on the sim and choose modify in CAS

4. Change a few thing and go back

After that, she was no longer at school for me.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 10 (430 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you so much! I'll add the cc back and if it happens again I'll try the steps that you did, I haven't wanted to play since this happened

You're a live saver haha Standard smile

Message 8 of 10 (374 Views)

Hero
If you have any mods as well, you might wanna check those if they are still compatible.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 10 (371 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Okay, I don't think I do.

Thanks!!

Message 10 of 10 (368 Views)