Re: Teen sim has to keep quitting school with every travel(mods enabled)

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Teen sim has to keep quitting school with every travel(mods enabled)

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.90.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Famous, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Vampires, Holiday Celebrations Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make a MODDED teenage sim quit their job so they stop going to school, search and pick for another job for selected modded teenage sim, leave current lot and travel to any location.
What happens when the bug occurs? Glitch seems to only happen with mods enabled Modded teenage sims have to quit school instead of going to school while having a job. So the sim quits school and i pick a job (or don't pick a job, just quit school) leave current lot and travel to any other lot. Once everything finishes loading, the teen sim will go back to having a job at the school and if i quit again, the message box will be blank with "ok" and "cancel" choices. It doesn't matter if the sim quit school and found another job in the current lot its in, once they travel elsewhere, it'll go back to being a high schooler,with no job, and having to attend the school again the next morning.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the teenage sim to have the job of my choosing after quitting high school, even if i travel to another lot afterwards.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

https://youtu.be/MeQJpllZuJs

link to video of glitch

Message 1 of 4 (1,723 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

Hi @tellavim 

it's probably one or more mods that are no longer compatible with the game then.

Custom content can get outdated with patches. If it works when you remove your mods folder, then one or more mods/cc is no longer compatible with the game and you have to find those.

Use the 50/50 method: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Content

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (1,603 Views)

All Replies

Hero

HI @tellavim

moving this to tech as you say it only happens on a modded game. Mods are not supported by EA.

Did you make sure that all your mods are updated to the current patch level ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (1,708 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Alright! I managed to do all kinds of "tests" so I could be able to reply with the most accurate info as possible.

So long story short, yes the mods are what is making this glitch happen.
I started a family with one kid and I let him grow as a teen WITH mods. The sim as a kid didn't have any trouble being in school plus having an after school activity (boy scout) while having mods. However, once it turned into a teen and left the after school activity, and I had to re enter him in another one, it gave me a notice saying if I was sure i wanted to QUIT my current job (high school) to join this after school activity, bringing the aforementioned glitch.

I decided to leave it there, take off mods and restart the game to then join in the after school activity while also being in school, and it all worked perfectly. Then after a while I decided to check if I could dupe the game and re-enable the mods while the teen was in the after school activity, so I did! I enabled the mods and I restarted the game, but it gave me an error when I wanted to load up that safe file, telling me I had to restart the game or something (sorry I don't have the exact words, I immediately went online to answer this question)

So yes the mods are the source of the problem here, and only happens with teens.

I don't expect this glitch to be fixed, but I wanted to put an end to this question thread

thank you for replying Standard smile

Message 3 of 4 (1,614 Views)

Hero

Hi @tellavim 

it's probably one or more mods that are no longer compatible with the game then.

Custom content can get outdated with patches. If it works when you remove your mods folder, then one or more mods/cc is no longer compatible with the game and you have to find those.

Use the 50/50 method: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Content

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (1,604 Views)