Re: Tea brewer won’t empty

by laurdeezy

Original Post

Tea brewer won’t empty

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Holiday Celebration Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make a pot of tea in the Tea Brewer Personal Magic and let it spoil
What happens when the bug occurs? I make a pot of tea, it spoils, then no one is able to empty the brewer because it says “pot still brewing” even though it’s done and has been sitting there forever. Can’t just sell the brewer because then it tries to sell it like it’s just selling the tea itself and will only go for 5 simoleons
What do you expect to see? I just want to empty my spoiled tea so that other sims can make tea after
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

N/A

Message 1 of 8 (1,825 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@laurdeezy 

It sounds like you are talking about a household with more than one person correct?

Can the person who made the tea empty the brewer?
From the pictures it looks like nothing is blocking the pot.

You could try moving the pot to household inventory and put it back to see if it can be emptied.

When you put it back try putting it on another counter.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 2 of 8 (1,784 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi! Yes, more than one person. No they can’t empty it either Frown And I’ve tried doing that, it also stores it as just the tea itself? So weird. The counter that’s in the photo is not the counter it was originally on when I first noticed it. So I’ve tried moving it around but nothing’s changing. For now it’s in my inventory so that I don’t have to deal with it. Guess I’ll wait for something magical to happen Frown

Message 3 of 8 (1,777 Views)

Hero

Was this a one time occurrence in that household ?

Bit unsure why you can sell it and just get a new one to see if it happens again ? Are you short on Simoleons ? Or does it just sell the tea and not the brewer when you try ?

Would be important to know if it's a general issue that happens to you with every teapot or just a random glitch.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (1,764 Views)

Hero

@laurdeezy are you still having issues with this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 8 (1,712 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi,

Yeah it only sells as the tea lol so I only get 5 simoleons from it. I did end up getting impatient and just sold it for 5, but maybe i’ll get another one soon!

Thanks,

Lauren

Message 6 of 8 (1,704 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I've had exactly this issue yesterday and I think it happens when there is already tea in the pot, but someone still makes new tea.

I'm really unsure if they're supposed to be able to add tea to an already existing brew, but I just saw a sim do exactly this.

/for the record, this is an upgraded tea pot and I never had issues with it before I upgraded (might be unrelated, I really don't know)

Message 7 of 8 (1,056 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @tigrina_tigs,

Thanks for the post! This thread itself is a few years old so I'll be locking it here to avoid further necroposting.

If you're still running into this please feel free to create a new thread if there's not a more recent one on the topic you'd like to discuss, thanks!

Mako.png
Message 8 of 8 (1,031 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help