Re: Taking me back to world select

by crinrict

Original Post

Taking me back to world select

★★ Novice

Hello! So after the recent update my game started running into a problem with the bath house that came with snowy escape, when traveling to the bathhouse while on a vacation in the world it would take me back to the world select screen, when trying to load up the family I was playing it would still take me back to world select even though I had selected the family and pressed play. I tried taking all my mods out and it still ran into the same problem. I made a new save to see if something I downloaded from the gallery was corrupted in that save, it ran into the same problem again. I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it, removing all old files and it still ran into the same problem. I do not know what to do to fix it.

Message 1 of 7 (324 Views)

★★ Novice
@D1g1tal_Madness I’ve also repaired the game multiple times, before reinstalling
Message 2 of 7 (316 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@D1g1tal_Madness Did you delete the localthumbcahce file after removing mods ?

Are you getting any error codes ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 7 (300 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict Yes I deleted it; but still got problems. And no I don’t believe I did get any error messages, it is just a cycle of taking me back to world select then me selecting the family again and then taking me back to world select.
Message 4 of 7 (268 Views)

Hero
@D1g1tal_Madness It turns out there's an issue with the onsen lot in some games.

From where are you travelling to the Onsen ? From the same hood or another ? Are you using M/phone to travel or are you clicking on the lot and choose travel from there ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 7 (246 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict When I was trying to visit the first time the problem occurred, it was after having my sims ski and snowboard so I just went over to the lot and had them travel to it. Whenever I was testing it out in other saves I had them travel through the phone, still ran into the same issue. I was only able to successfully make it to the bathhouse once but it later gave me the same problem again. My sims were on vacation in the lot next to the bathhouse, I also tried it from a empty lot in the world without them being on vacation and still had the same problem.
Message 6 of 7 (237 Views)

Hero
@D1g1tal_Madness It's the same issue that causes this bug: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/SE-Mountain-Excursion-Onsen-Lot-shows-as-generic-Llama-pic/td-...

I can duplicate the onsen issue when I travel from the same hood but m and phone has been working fine for me but I don't know how much corruption happens once you had it for the first time.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (225 Views)