Taking a picture minimizes the game

by sammerham

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Taking a picture minimizes the game

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

When I use the phone or a camera to take a photo in the game, the game minimizes when I click the capture button. Using the keyboard short cut works. But clicking the button with the mouse minimizes my sims 4 game every time. This has only been an issue today since downloading the new update. I don’t play with mods. I have a packs installed except Star Wars.

Message 1 of 5 (298 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Taking a picture minimizes the game

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Hey! I actually just figured out the issue. There was some sort of transparent box the was situated on the screen where the pause button and camera capture buttons are located so whenever I clicked down there it would minimize the game. Idk how but it disappeared and my game works fine now. So it wasn’t due to the update or anything. Thanks for helping though!

View in thread

Message 3 of 5 (273 Views)

All Replies

@sammerham  Do you play in fullscreen, borderless ("windowed fullscreen"), or windowed mode?  Please test in all three modes and let me know which ones show this issue.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 5 (280 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Hey! I actually just figured out the issue. There was some sort of transparent box the was situated on the screen where the pause button and camera capture buttons are located so whenever I clicked down there it would minimize the game. Idk how but it disappeared and my game works fine now. So it wasn’t due to the update or anything. Thanks for helping though!
Message 3 of 5 (274 Views)

@sammerham  I'm glad to hear it's fixed.  For future reference, this is often caused by either Windows notifications or a notification from another app, so that would be the first thing to check if this happens again.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 5 (258 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Ok good to know! Thank you Standard smile
Message 5 of 5 (238 Views)