Re: TS4_x64.exe - Entry Point Not Found

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

TS4_x64.exe - Entry Point Not Found

★★ Novice

Every time I start the game, I always get this pop-up (attached). I have to close the pop-up so the game could be loaded. There's no other issue within the game other than occasional lag, which I don't think related to this issue and more like because I'm using pretty old laptop.

Is there any way to fix this so it won't appear every time?

Message 1 of 8 (829 Views)

@FredoYP  Please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Please also let me know whether you're running the Legacy Version of Sims 4.  The error message says Origin is trying to launch the standard version, but when it can't, it defaults to the LE.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 8 (814 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello, sorry for the late reply. Here's the DxDiag. And no, I'm running the 64-bit version of the game.

Message 3 of 8 (789 Views)

@FredoYP  There's nothing obvious in your dxdiag, but since you run Windows 7, the dxdiag doesn't contain the usual error reports.  So instead, please look for them in the Reliability Monitor.  Hit Windows key-R and enter "perfmon /rel" without quotes.  You'll see a list of errors and updates, with a column for each day.  (Today is all the way on the right.)

For any errors that mention Origin or Sims 4, or any that happened at the same time as you tried to launch the game, click "View technical details," then copy the information and paste it into a reply here.  You can attach the file to a post as you did with your dxdiag.  Sometimes the Reliability Monitor doesn't update right away, so if you don't see any related errors, be sure to check back an hour or two.  The timestamp on the initial chart can also be off by up to an hour, so that's not an entirely reliable metric, but the one within the technical details should be accurate.

Message 4 of 8 (776 Views)

★★ Novice

I can only find 2 errors:
- TS4_x64.exe (Stopped responding)

- IGOProxy.exe (Stopped working)

The IGOProxy.exe error happened earlier this June (2nd and 3rd respectively) I remember during that period, every time I launch the game there are 4 pop-ups coming out. I have to close the pop-ups before I could play the game. There are a total of 32 IGOProxy.exe error, all with seemingly similar description.

I didn't touch the game for quite some time until yesterday when I found there's still pop-ups at launch, although it's only one and different from the earlier IGOProxy pop-ups.

Message 5 of 8 (767 Views)

@FredoYP  IGOProxy.exe is the Origin in-game overlay, so try disabling that.  At the overall level, open Origin, hover over your username, select Application Settings, then the Origin in-game header, and disable the option at the top.  At the game level, open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, select Game Properties, and uncheck the box for Origin in-game.  Normally, either one of these options is enough, but occasionally it helps to disable both.

If that doesn't make a difference, try doing a clean uninstall and reinstall of Origin.  This won't uninstall Sims 4.

• Quit Origin, then right-click on the Task Bar and open the Task Manager.  Scroll through looking for Origin entries.  If you find any, click on them and End Task.
  • Clear Origin's cache.
  • Download Revo Uninstaller (the free version is fine) from here.
  • Launch Revo, select Origin from the list, and click Uninstall.
  • When it finishes uninstalling, select "Moderate" under "scanning modes," and click Scan.
  • If Revo finds any remaining registry entries, select all, delete, and click Next.
  • Revo will display "Remaining Data and Folders."  Select all of them except for the "Origin Games" folder, if it appears.  (This is where Sims 4 and other Origin games are installed by default.)  Delete the rest.
  • Close Revo, and restart your computer.

Next, download the full Origin installer and run it.  Here's the direct download link:

http://download.dm.origin.com/origin/live/OriginSetup.exe

Be sure to run both the installer and Origin itself as an admin: right-click on each and select "Run as Administrator."

Message 6 of 8 (760 Views)

★★ Novice

Sadly, both suggestions don't make any difference. Even to the point of doing clean uninstall and reinstall both Origin and the game, the issue persists.

I'm honestly starting to feel that I'm fine with this minor inconvenience. The game is still accessible, it's just I had to do extra steps to actually launch it. It's really not worth the game reinstall or even System Restore just to remove one pop-up....

Thank you for all your assistance!

Message 7 of 8 (738 Views)

@FredoYP  Yeah, I'm not sure what's going on, and if the game still runs, it might not be worth poking at anymore.  I could speculate on what's happening to produce this error, but whatever it is, either it's not critical to Sims 4 or it's recovering before there's a real problem.

If you do ever find yourself unable to play, please post back with a new dxdiag and any new Reliability Monitor entries.  But I hope it never comes to that.

Message 8 of 8 (730 Views)