Re: TS4 product code

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

TS4 product code

★ Novice

Hello, I have a problem with The Sims 4. Couple of years ago I bought it and tried to install it on my PC but unfortunately my graphics card wasn’t enough. Yesterday i bought a new laptop and tried to install it through Origin, but when I typed product code, obviously it said that it is already used. Is there anything that can be done with this issue? 

Message 1 of 4 (124 Views)

@oxmajus  The code was already used, by you, the first time you installed the game.  But that's not a problem, since it's tied to your account, not your old computer.  Just login to the same Origin account you used back when you originally tried to play.  Sims 4 should already be in your game library, from where you can download it for free, no code needed.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (110 Views)

★ Novice

The problem is that back then I didn’t have Origin account and it isn’t tied to it. I made an account some time after trying to install TS4 on my PC 

Message 3 of 4 (107 Views)

@oxmajus  You would have needed to create an Origin account just to install, or start installing, Sims 4, even back when it was first released.  Maybe you don't remember registering, but even the Sims 4 discs required it.

If you're not sure what email address you might have used to create the account back then, you could enter all the ones you remember into the Origin sign-in window and click "Forgot your password?"  Any address associated with an EA/Origin account should receive a password recovery email.  Be sure to check the spam folder as well.

If you don't get anywhere with this, you could contact EA customer support and ask for help figuring out what happened to your product code.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (101 Views)