Re: TS4 on and off

by Phantomlover1717

Original Post

TS4 on and off

★★ Novice

Hey, so i'm having an issue with Sims 4. I don't know what's happening. I normally don't post on forums, but i've tried everything.

I run windows 10 64 bit. The sims 4 used to work perfectly fine, but then one day, when I go to play the game, it will start up then minimize to the desktop, then about 10 seconds later will come back up to the full game, then again; about 10 seconds later, minimizes. So it's basically just flashing between desktop and game. 

I looked at task manager and it's saying that the game stops responding, then starts responding again. It keeps doing this on and off. I've tried playing the game hoping it just takes time to refresh itself or something, but it just continuously does that. 

First, I removed all CC, moved them. Didn't work, deleted them, didn't work.

Updated game, repaired game, updated Origin. Didn't work

Played game and ran Origin as administrator. Didn't work

Updated all of my drivers. Didn't work

Turned off Origin in game, ran it as 32 bit, turned on windowed mode. Didn't work

Reinstalled the game without any add on's, just base game. Didn't work

Tried playing it offline. Didn't work

Deleted, reinstalled, and updated Microsoft C++ Didn't work. 

Rebooted my computer. Didn't work

When I rebooted my computer, it gave me an error message saying the game was already running. I checked any instances of TS4 or Origin running, but found none. 

I started a new account on my computer, and the game ran, but did the not responding on and off thing again. 

I hard reset my computer, deleting everything, and now it plays on my normal account, but still minimizes on and off. 

There's other things i've done, but I can't remember them all now because i've been at this for the last two months. 

I just want to play the game, so if there's anyone that has any ideas please comment. 

Message 1 of 6 (378 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@whovianited
I think that your problem is related to the computer and not to the game. I suspect a graphics card or power supply
Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?
To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/
You can attach the txt file to your post directly.
I don't work for EA
Message 2 of 6 (372 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for answering. I was pretty sure it was my computer. It's just weird because it did used to run perfectly fine. 

But maybe i'm just missing something obvious. 

Message 3 of 6 (369 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@whovianited
I feel sorry for you but It's your graphics card, unfortunately. It's too weak after recent updates that have increased the requirements for graphics.
Reduce the graphics settings to a minimum in the game options. Try to play in windowed mode. Unfortunately, I do not know if it is enough for the game to work properly Now the Intel graphics chip is no longer enough to play
Message 4 of 6 (351 Views)

★★ Novice

Damn. Alright thank you for answering. 

Message 5 of 6 (348 Views)

@whovianited you have a GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics card that should handle running the game just fine. 
Make sure to run the game on that card: https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/graphics-cardintel-chip-dual-systems/

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 6 of 6 (313 Views)