Re: TS4 - Repeated mandatory update requests

by EA_Lanna

Original Post

TS4 - Repeated mandatory update requests

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have asked for help and no help comes. I am getting a catch 22 on my game, update mandatory and have updated only to have the command repeated each time. Consequence for two days locked out of game Sims 4

(CM: edited to remove ALL CAPS SPAM and updated thread title to be more descriptive of game issue)

Message 1 of 5 (415 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @principalx

Can you clarify if it's the same update repeating or different updates coming through one after the other? If you can pop up a screenshot, it might help to get a visual of what's happening for you.

In the meantime, I'd suggesting starting some troubleshooting to help with this. To start, let's try clearing the cache on Origin. This link will connect you to an EA Help article that will guide you through the steps for clearing the clients cache: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 2 of 5 (383 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I also did try these steps and it is still having the same issue.

Message 3 of 5 (357 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager
Hi @AnvanyaTheElf,

Apologies, I missed the notification from this thread. Are you continuing to get repeated updates for The Sims 4?

- EA_Lanna

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 4 of 5 (328 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @AnvanyaTheElf,

It's been a while since you were last active. I'll close this thread out here. If you're still running into issues, please pop open a new thread and add some more information.

Thanks,

- EA_Lanna

Message 5 of 5 (296 Views)