Re: Sims 4 paranormal pack

by MapleSimmer

Original Post

Accepted Solution

TS4 Paranormal - Haunted House Residential lot reverts to just 'Residential'

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi guys- I'm having a similar problem to another thread that was solved by deleting mods. However, I do not have any mods installed and have still not fixed the issue.

The Paranormal pack downloaded as usual, I can access all the clothes and items. However, when I placed the prebuilt Haunted House lot, I was unable to actually use it as the Haunted House. The lot says "Haunted House Residential" when I move a sim into it. But once I play the sim and then go back to the world, the lot type has reverted back to "Residential".

I do not have any mods installed and I have tried repairing the game, clearing my Origin cache, and a clean boot as suggested by EA support. The only thing in my mods folder is a "Resources" file that I have tried deleting but seems to reappear every time I start Sims again.

Thank you in advance for any help!!

(CM: Edited to update thread title to match issue)

Message 1 of 9 (1,789 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Changing the lot type back to Haunted House in Build mode fixed the problem! It seems to stay as a Haunted House even after I go back to Manage World. Thank you so much for your help!!

View in thread

Message 4 of 9 (1,736 Views)

All Replies

Sims 4 paranormal pack

★★★★ Novice

So I just bought the game pack paranormal, and I can't go into build mode to make it a haunted house

Message 2 of 9 (1,778 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@kelleybb1024 

What happens when you click on build mode?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 3 of 9 (1,769 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Changing the lot type back to Haunted House in Build mode fixed the problem! It seems to stay as a Haunted House even after I go back to Manage World. Thank you so much for your help!!

Message 4 of 9 (1,737 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

it doesn't give me the option only on certain lots Well when I put a house down from the gallery it won't let, I tried a new save file and it's weird only some lots let me do it maybe it has to do with the size of the lot? 

@jpkarlsen its weird sometimes it will ask to make it retail, restaurant, and stuff like that, and sometimes it will only ask if I want to make it s tiny house resident

(CM: Multiple posts merged. Check out this post for tips on how to edit and add more to a post.)

Message 5 of 9 (1,676 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@kelleybb1024 

When you place a lot from the Gallery it will default to the current lot type. You can change it from the dropdown or afterwards in build mode.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 6 of 9 (1,632 Views)

★★★★ Pro

FYI, even when I choose the gallery/library lot type of haunted house lot it still places as a residential lot.  I've noticed this the two times I've placed a haunted house lot, the first was the one that comes with PSP and the second time was my own lot that I had made a haunted house and then I placed it in another save.  The second time I realized to check if it placed properly right away and I changed it immediately (unlike the first time where I was wondering why nothing was happening which then prompted me to look at the lot type in build mode Standard smile ). 

Best regards, 

Jennifer

(No mods/cc, game version is PC: 1.70.84.1020 and I have all the packs up to and including PSP )

Message 7 of 9 (1,511 Views)

Re: TS4 Paranormal - Haunted House Residential lot reverts to just 'Residential'

★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue. It'll let me choose the Haunted House Residential, but none of the Paranormal lot traits are appearing for me

Message 8 of 9 (1,432 Views)

Re: TS4 Paranormal - Haunted House Residential lot reverts to just 'Residential'

Champion (Retired)

@gnarlysiims 

There are no special lot traits for it.

Message 9 of 9 (1,426 Views)