Exception Offset: 0000000000ddeda6
OS Version: 10.0.22000.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: 08b7
Additional Information 2: 08b76dd324899f18aacf703768029601
Additional Information 3: 3bba
Additional Information 4: 3bbaa8843be658c75f03d7c7b663934e

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 702a38db2ccfea4f22200d2b676011ff (1306058372006547967)

Message 1 of 10 (592 Views)

Re: TS4 APPCRASH

@TheSuperWolf100  That's an access violation.  It can caused by anything from bad mods or custom content to an in-game bug to another program on your computer interfering with the game.  I'd start with removing mods and cc and go from there.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 10 (584 Views)

★★★★ Guide

How can you tell its an access violation

Message 3 of 10 (578 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@TheSuperWolf100 The simple answer is your computer is trying to access a memory location it doesn't have rights to. The long answer is you have to know how the the cpu works. This usually happens when a stack is manipulated wrong or an array is corrupted or incorrect cpu instructions. Usually caused by bad coding. You would first need to understand what you want the cpu to do at a machine level then work backwards to find out why the cpu is not doing what you want it to do. A computer will only do what you program it to do - right or wrong.

If you saw JurassicPark Nedry: "You know anybody who can network 8 connection machines and debug 2-million lines of code for what I bid for this job?"

Message 4 of 10 (549 Views)

@TheSuperWolf100  This exception code:

Exception Code: c0000005

is an access violation.  Windows uses eight-digit codes like this to indicate a variety of issues, for example 80000003 is a breakpoint error.

Message 5 of 10 (537 Views)

★★★★ Guide

still getting access violations in sims and others Games I ran memetest 86 no error found what could it Be

Message 6 of 10 (520 Views)

@TheSuperWolf100  It's unlikely to be an issue with your computer's RAM, so I'm not surprised MemTest came up clean.  Did you test without mods and custom content yet?  Have you tried a new save, or are you only testing in your current one?

Like I said before, there are a lot of causes of access violations.

Message 7 of 10 (504 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Ya I found the problem to the game still kept crashing on a clean version with no mods so I ran diagnostics on the memory controller on the motherboard and that returned a fault look like I need to do an RMA because one time it says my ram has faults and the other time it reports it clean due to a faulty memory controller 

Message 8 of 10 (491 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@TheSuperWolf100 Traditionally the memory controller is inside the northbridge chip of the motherboard chipset, With modern CPUs the memory controller is built directly into the CPU itself, While not impossible a bad memory controller is rare. Bad memory modules are rare but can be found in the wild. I once built a computer that would blue screen once a day/ The problem was a bad memory module. As the module was new I exchanged the memory and the computer lived happily ever after. First thing I would try is to reseat (take out and reinsert) the memory modules. If you still have the problem exchange the memory modules (take one out and put the other module where the first one was and then put the other in the socket you took the other out of. If you still have an issue then take one of the modules out  and and boot the computer on one module. If you still have an issue exchange the modules and boot on one module. Doing this should tell you which module might be bad.  hth

Message 9 of 10 (471 Views)

★★★★ Guide

okay im starting to think its the memory controller inside the CPU because i ran a memeory diagnostic test and it passed it all but when i run a CPU test i get a lot of errors for the vitual cores so it seems like the CPU is defective gotta call intel for an RMA for the cpu since i ran tests on the whole system and onlt the CPU is returning errors 

Message 10 of 10 (358 Views)