Dot.: TS3 Camera in Sims 4 Not Working

by AyleenWestenberg

Original Post

TS3 Camera in Sims 4 Not Working

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have the same issue for the last month now. 

Can't use my middle mouse button to rotate my sims 3 camera in the game.

does not work in game mode and build mode. 

(Moved from necro'd thread)

Message 1 of 6 (336 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@AyleenWestenberg

If you have any mods move the mods folder to the desktop, Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder. Delete also all folders with the word "cache" in the name.
Fix the game in Origin.
Origin/Library -right-click on TS4 - option "Repair"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
Turn on the game to create a new, empty mods folder. Check if a game is working now properly
If it is fixed, copy from desktop your mods and CC and paste it in the new mods folder. First, paste script mods every time checking if the game is working properly. Do the same with CC but if you have a lot of this, try the 50/50 method ( divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one)

If you don't have CC or mods delete this file and fix the game also.

I don't work for EA

Message 2 of 6 (303 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm now reinstalling the game, and then I'll do the what you said with the mods and CC.

Thank you for you're fast answering

Message 3 of 6 (293 Views)

★★ Novice

I just reinstalled my game and the problem is still there and I don't have my mods and CC in the game. 

Message 4 of 6 (253 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@AyleenWestenberg

Delete the Options file - one with a toothed wheel - in the game folder and launch the game. The new file will be created. Check if you still have this error.
Try changing the camera mode in the camera options to the TS4 camera and then back again.
If the error still persists, try doing a factory reset of the game folder as described in this post.
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199
Message 5 of 6 (242 Views)

★★ Novice

I did everything you said and all of it didn't work.

Can it be a problem in the mouse? I have a bleutooth mouse

Message 6 of 6 (199 Views)