[TROUBLESHOOT] "Blocks on adjacent levels must touch" What does this mean?

by neontigah

Original Post

[TROUBLESHOOT] "Blocks on adjacent levels must touch" What does this mean?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

So I'm making a basement and I'm trying to put a wall half way through this and it won't let me and says "Blocks on adjacent levels must touch", I made the outside walls of the basement a while ago before patch day and no issues and I left it until today to keep going with it now I have Get Famous but now it won't let me make more walls. Screenshots below to showScreen Shot 2018-11-21 at 8.52.14 pm.pngScreen Shot 2018-11-21 at 8.52.15 pm.png

Message 1 of 9 (10,240 Views)

Re: "Blocks on adjacent levels must touch" What does this mean?

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I downloaded a house from the sims gallery and am having the same issue with the bottom most floor.
Hoping to bump and find a fix

Message 2 of 9 (9,890 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

So far I am unable to reproduce the issue in my game... ( I have no warnings or inabilities to build basements).

Is there anything in the case of your basements, @neontigah and @alicialoraine that is similar or different from what I have found? I would love to be able to reproduce the issue for making a bug report. Also:

• Do you use Mods or CC, as these can interfere with game function sometimes. If you do have Mods or CC please try moving your mods folder to your desktop, clear you cache, then re-start your game (Instructions on deleting the cache correctly: https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/ )
  • Did you try a game repair? (Open Origin, click 'Game Library' then right-click Sims 4 > Repair Game.)

Thank you! 

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 3 of 9 (9,867 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

I haven't been able to reproduce it either.  @alicialoraine would you please provide me with a link to the gallery home that you mentioned has the problem?  Or its name + the creator's name so that I can look it up and do some testing with it?  Alternatively, @neontigah if you can upload your build to the Gallery (just name it "Test Basement Wall Problem" or the like), I could take a look at it.  Also, it would be helpful to know which lot(s) you're experiencing the issue on.  Thanks!

Message 4 of 9 (9,782 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I fixed it on ps4 maybe itll help you on pc?

pools and fountians in basement area (or above b-area) cause it on ps4- i fixed it using the basement tool (not custom basement tool) to draw each line of the room out creating a empty pocket. Also as i was trying to paint the walls and drag them the pool showed up in red outline.

Message 5 of 9 (9,288 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I did the same and am also having this problem. Trying to add a wall into my ground floor but getting the "blocks on adjacent levels must touch" error. Did anyone figure out what was wrong?

Message 6 of 9 (8,542 Views)

Champion

@justwant2respond Great detective work! I have also found that some aspects of basement building and editing can be temperamental &/or require a variation in methods and results. I will typically experiment with what method of adding something that it will accept, and make sure you are always continually checking the floor(s) above when adding basement rooms to make sure none of your experiments effected the floor above. Always do this before saving again so if your actions did effect the floor(s)/content above you can just exit the game without saving and all is forgiven. Wink It's a good way to learn new things about building, also.

Message 7 of 9 (8,533 Views)

★★★★ Novice

same problem im. having

Message 8 of 9 (7,533 Views)

Champion

@PakkasParkers Do you have any screenshots? Can you upload the build to the gallery and share it here for testing? (Plus a description of where/what you are trying to build in the basement when the error occurs.) Thanks!

Message 9 of 9 (7,526 Views)