by BryonyRae

Original Post

[TROUBLESHOOT] Sims 4 “Object not found”

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Up to date
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Pets, garden stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? All I do is try to make a wall literally anywhere and it says “can’t find object”
What happens when the bug occurs? I can’t edit my home and it makes me sad because i love that stuff
What do you expect to see? I usually just build a wall and it isn’t red and it doesn’t say “can’t find object”
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Please help me build and edit my homes! Reguardless if where I place a wall it appears red and says “object not found” I couldn’t even place a wall in an empty lot. I know there’s something wrong! Please help !

Message 1 of 2 (2,381 Views)

Re: Sims 4 “Object not found”

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Hi @Missy668!  This sounds like corruption in your game to me.  Please try the following steps: 1) temporarily remove any mods/CC, 2) clear your cache, 3) repair the game via Origin, 4) start a new save, and 5) try building walls in the new save.  If they work in your new save, you can try loading the old save and seeing if they will now work in that save as well.  If not, that save may be corrupt unfortunately.  You can still save any homes that you've built to your library to load into the new save as well as any sims/families.  If you had any mods/CC, you can also try putting them back, but I recommend doing so one by one, and testing each, to make sure that none of them are the cause of the problem.  Please tag me with @bryonyrae if you continue to experience the problem in build mode.

Edit: moving to the technical forum as this does not appear to be bug related.

Message 2 of 2 (2,338 Views)