by RebeccaJeanine71

Original Post

[TROUBLESHOOT] Ghost Images after Bulldoze

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I'm not sure where to find the list of expansions and such. sorry
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? play the game!
What happens when the bug occurs? FIRST BUG: I noticed yesterday on a genetic lot that when I went to delete the tallest version of a 3 story building, everything deleted but the floors (or a ghost of the floors)... I remember this happening in sims 2 or 3... or maybe both. I believe it's related to the terrain manipulation tool. Could be cuz I had move objects cheat on... either way... it's there and it's happening... should it be? SECOND BUG: I noticed it on a home I created about a week ago. Second-floor patio (I suppose that's what it's called).... I went to place an item on the floor of that patio (which I've done many times before with no problem)... when suddenly the floor disappears... I click down to the first floor and come back up to the second and it's back... I try to place again...and the same thing... I believe the move object cheat was on during this as well... Thing is... I've used the move objects cheat many many many times since I've had sims 4. My newest pack was Get Famous... it's been a while since I purchased it
What do you expect to see? Already explained above
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Whatever the last one was!

I only have a screen shot of the second bug... the first one went away when I completely bulldozed the lot

Message 1 of 4 (427 Views)

Re: Just noticed two bugs on sims 4 since last update

★★★★ Guide
It might be easier to post the two bugs separately so that they can be tracked a lot easier and they will get a more accurate account of Me toos.
Message 2 of 4 (404 Views)

Re: Issues with floors

Hero

Tagging @BryonyRae for this and letting her decided if two threads are needed

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 4 (392 Views)

Re: Issues with floors

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@RebeccaJeanine71 regarding your first issue - that sounds like it might be something related to your graphics settings / graphics card.  Just to make sure you're working with a clean game, if you haven't already, please try the following: 1) remove all mods/CC, 2) clear your cache, 3) repair the game via Origin, 4) start a new save, and 5) test the issue in the new save.  If you still experience ghost images, please post your graphics settings and graphics card information (please be sure that you've updated your drivers).  Regarding the disappearing ceiling issue, it's a known problem that we're tracking here.  Rather than merging, I'd suggest that you click "Me Too" on that thread and we'll keep the focus on your first issue in this thread.  Please tag me with @Bryonyrae for further assistance with it.

Edit: moving this thread to the Technical forum as it does not appear to be bug related.

Message 4 of 4 (350 Views)