Re: THE SIMS 4 UPDATE IS KILLING ME PLS HELP

by EA_David

Original Post

Accepted Solution

THE SIMS 4 UPDATE IS KILLING ME PLS HELP

★★★ Novice

so many people have been experiencing the problem with the most recent update where specific actions can't be performed. I've followed many many different suggestions and nothing has worked. I know my cc is not the problem. This only started happening after the game update. I'm super pissed and unable to play. The live chat ability won't work for me and i am unable to contact ea. i will be forever grateful to the person who can help me with this.

Message 1 of 4 (202 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@emjp14Game updates can and do change how custom content/mods interact with the game, which can and does cause unexpected issues. It's not the fault of the CC or the update, it's just a fact of life for complicated software.

Be sure to back it up first and make sure you take the steps on this page: http://help.ea.com/en/article/backing-up-and-resetting-the-sims-4/

If the issue persists, can you completely confirm that the issue still manifests on a completely clean install?

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (193 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@emjp14Game updates can and do change how custom content/mods interact with the game, which can and does cause unexpected issues. It's not the fault of the CC or the update, it's just a fact of life for complicated software.

Be sure to back it up first and make sure you take the steps on this page: http://help.ea.com/en/article/backing-up-and-resetting-the-sims-4/

If the issue persists, can you completely confirm that the issue still manifests on a completely clean install?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 4 (194 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks sooooo much @EA_David i've been suffering with this problem for a week! Party hat

Message 3 of 4 (179 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for coming back with the confirmation. :eahigh_file:

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 4 (160 Views)