by Badutiful

Original Post

Accepted Solution

THE SIMS 3 (SHARING DLC WITH SISTER) 2 DIFFERENT BASE GAME COPIES THOUGH

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Question:

I have Origin and mostly all of The Sims 3 DLC's

I have The Sims 3 base game for Origin and my sister has her own copy of The Sims 3

we wanted to know would we both be able to us the DLC's from origin?

Like if I downloaded all the DLC's first and logged out and then she downloaded the DLC's to her computer

will we both be able to have a copy of the DLC's on our separate desktops since we don't actually

share the same "The Sims 3" Base game?

Message 1 of 3 (665 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: THE SIMS 3 (SHARING DLC WITH SISTER) 2 DIFFERENT BASE GAME COPIES THOUGH

[ Edited ]

@Badutiful  No, if you download a base game from one account, you can then only play with expansion and stuff packs that are also owned by that account.  Even if you could trick Origin into downloading and installing your packs along with your sister's base game, which shouldn't be possible anyway, Origin itself would block your sister from using those packs.  Every time Sims 3 is launched through Origin, it checks whether the installed packs are valid on the active account and blocks them if they're not.

All Sims 3 expansions are currently 50% off in Origin right now (through June 20 at 10 am Pacific/1800 GMT), in case you're interested.  I know it's not the solution you're looking for, but it might help a bit.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (648 Views)

All Replies

Re: THE SIMS 3 (SHARING DLC WITH FRIEND) 2 DIFFERENT BASE GAME COPIES THOUGH

★ Novice

Note: DLC = Expansion Pack

Message 2 of 3 (664 Views)

Re: THE SIMS 3 (SHARING DLC WITH SISTER) 2 DIFFERENT BASE GAME COPIES THOUGH

[ Edited ]

@Badutiful  No, if you download a base game from one account, you can then only play with expansion and stuff packs that are also owned by that account.  Even if you could trick Origin into downloading and installing your packs along with your sister's base game, which shouldn't be possible anyway, Origin itself would block your sister from using those packs.  Every time Sims 3 is launched through Origin, it checks whether the installed packs are valid on the active account and blocks them if they're not.

All Sims 3 expansions are currently 50% off in Origin right now (through June 20 at 10 am Pacific/1800 GMT), in case you're interested.  I know it's not the solution you're looking for, but it might help a bit.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 3 (649 Views)